― chapter 29.

❝ let's see if you kick me like that again

❝ let's see if you kick me like that again. ❞

THE NEXT DAY, Ayane went back to her house.

She had to get the rest of her things, despite how badly she did not want to go back to that place.

Amanda would be coming with her, thankfully. Otherwise Ayane might try to commit arson.

Ayane drew in a breath before knocking on the door, exchanging a look with Mrs. LaRusso. Amanda smiled comfortingly.

At once, Liana answered the door. She gave Ayane a look of disdain. "Yes?"

"Ayane needs to get the rest of her things," Amanda explained curtly, looking Liana up and down. "That won't be a problem, will it?"

Ayane raised her eyebrows slightly, looking between Amanda and Liana.

After a moment, Liana stepped aside to allow them in.

Ayane did not speak a word to her. She went upstairs and began to pack her clothes in boxes with Amanda's help.

Once she had everything of any value to her, Ayane looked to Amanda and said, "Okay. I'm ready."

Amanda nodded, then glanced over at the wall of trophies.

"What about those?" she asked, gesturing to the cases.

Ayane turned her head to the wall, staring at it with disgust.

"I don't want them. She can burn them for all I care."

The girl looked back to Amanda with a shrug, picking up a box and walking out of the bedroom.

After they got all of the boxes in the car, Amanda went back inside to talk to Liana.

Ayane, unfortunately, needed to talk to her too.

So she reluctantly went back inside, finding the two women in Ennis' office.

They looked up as she walked in. Ayane's face remained emotionless.

"Where is he?" Ayane finally asked, standing in the doorway.

"Van Nuys," Liana replied quietly, not meeting Ayane's eyes. "There's a court hearing on the 28th."

Ayane sighed, tapping her foot. "Do I have to be there?"