025: unusual

(a/n: i promised and set for myself a goal to not write cliffhangers after every single chapter 😁
trust me guys i'm tired too😔 but my ass keeps forgetting to look at the word count)
________________________________________

jungwon's p.o.v

"Eunji?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

The lesson ended 2 minutes ago and Eunji was still sitting in her seat motionlessly.

She had been a lot more quiet than usually today.
Was something bothering her?
My frown deepened, as I quickly walked over to her.

"Yeah..?" She finally turned around with a tired smile.

"Do you want to go get lunch together? I forget to pack some for me." I lied and tilted my head, not sure what her answer was going to be. I needed an excuse so the two of us could spend more time together.

And surprisingly she eventually agreed.

"Let's go!" I grabbed her hand but she immediately pulled away, making me stop in my tracks.

Did I do something wrong?

"I'm sorry if I-I made you uncomfortable or anything." I immediately apologised, when I turned around to look at her.

But she was looking ahead.
Completely frozen while looking at Sangmi.
My face dropped slightly.

"Hi." Sangmi smiled gently at Eunji, who on ther hand stayed quiet.

"Let's go." I repeated and almost glared at Sangmi, while dragging Eunji with me, ignoring the girl in front of us completely.

Eunji followed me silently, as I walked firmly ahead towards the cafeteria.

"What was that about?" I turned to the girl next to me, leaning down a bit because people were running around and yelling, that it was hard to understand her.

"Can..I wait outside?" Was the only thing she mumbled, making me blink in surprise.

"Why? What's wrong?" The uneasiness on her face made me frown once again.

"It's loud."
Before I could reply, she already turned around and left, confusing me even more.

"Eunji wait!" I run after her, ignoring my order.

Grabbing her wrist I stopped her, making sure she turned around to me.

"Are you sick?" My hand immediately went up to Eunji's forehead to check, but she would immediately distance herself from me.

"Don't mind me. I'm just not feeling it today." She mumbled, looking away. It was obvious that there was a lot on her mind, "Go buy whatever you need to buy. I will wait."

"Is something bothering you?" I stared at her intensely, trying to find out what's wrong.

But she was avoiding my gaze.

Sighing, I took her hand again and dragged her with me to the school garden.

"Go ahead. Tell me what's wrong." I crossed my arms and darkly looked at her after sitting down on the bench.
Eunji has been looking down the whole time, that it was hard for me to read her expression.

She suddenly asked, as my eyes widened. "Will you take care of my flower bed too?"

"What?" I blinked a few times in surprise.

"In case i'm gone. I want you to be the one taking care of them."

Finally she looked into my eyes.
"What?" I repeated.