surgery

Warnings: mentions of anxiety, anxiety panic attack

Request from: avengersxharrypotter
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Have a good rest tonight, alright? We'll wait for you here tomorrow. Good night."

You hung up on Dr. Andrews.

Tomorrow morning you were going to have an open heart surgery. To say you were stressed was an understatement. You were more anxious than you've ever been.

The Doctor that would be performing your surgery was one of the best. Everyone was certain that the surgery was going to have amazing results. Everyone except you. You were scared that something might go wrong.

Who would take care of your daughter? Sure, your husband Chris would be there for his daughter but you didn't want to disappoint them.

As you hung up and tossed your phone, your breathing started to rush.

You felt as if all the walls of your shared bedroom with Chris were about to crush you and you were running out of air to breathe.

Your hands slowly started shaking and tears fell down your cheeks.

Worried thoughts danced in your mind, making your hands shake more violently as each second passed.

Your chest slightly shook as your breaths became shorter and more violent.

Giving up, you fell on your knees to the floor. You kept shaking and tears after tears erupted from you, followed by sobs which shortened your breath even more.

Chris was practicing a few lines downstairs when he heard a thump. Quickly, he rushed upstairs, knowing exactly what was happening.

Both of you suffered from anxiety and helped each other out whenever you needed it. As soon as he heard the loud thump, he knew what it was and why. He knew you were stressed and worried about the surgery. It was just a matter of time before the bitchy anxiety hit you with a hard blow.

As he saw you kneeling on the floor, his heart broke. Quickly, he walked over to you and sat down on the floor next to you, stretching his legs. He placed you on top of his legs and rocked you back and forth.

"Let it all out, babe. I know you're worried but remember how strong you are. You've come across many things in life and made it through like a champion. This will only make you stronger," He never stopped rocking you and hugging you, "I'm here for you. And so is Brooke. She knows her mommy is the strongest person ever. We're here for you, babe."

He made sure he didn't hug you too tight so your breathing could regulate.

All of his comforting words and just being in his embrace, calmed you down. Your hands stopped shaking and fewer sobs escaped your mouth. Some tears were shed here and there but you felt more relaxed.

"You're right. I'll be fine. I'm sorry, I'm overthinking way too much and-"

"No, babe. It's ok. It's totally normal that you are worried. Just know that we're here for you. The doctors that will be with you tomorrow are the best in the country, babe. When you come out of that hospital, you'll be healthier than ever. And Brooke and I will be waiting for you with a bunch of balloons and flowers."

You chuckled, "Oh, boy. Not balloons."

You both giggled.

"I love you, Chris."

"I love you more, sweetheart."

"And I wove you even more, mommy." Brooke said standing in the doorway. She was smiling and holding a small teddy bear.

She ran over to you and Chris and said, "Take Mr. Bear, mommy. He always makes me feel ok when I'm sad. M-maybe he will help you too!"

You chuckled, "Thanks, pumpkin. But all I need to feel better are you and Daddy by my side. C'mere."

You placed her on your lap and hugged her until she started giggling.

As expected, your surgery went amazingly the day after that. Your heart was healthier than ever and your state of mind was at peace.

Just as promised, Chris and Brooke were waiting for you outside of your hospital room, with flowers and balloons.

You rolled your eyes when you saw the balloons, "I thought I said no balloons, sir."

Chris smiled widely, "We couldn't help ourselves."

You kissed him deeply and pulled back to look at his beautiful blue-green eyes.

"Mommy!"

"Hi, baby!" You bent down and picked your princess up, holding her with your hip.

Looking back at Chris, you smiled.

"Let's go home."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey everyone! I hope you enjoyed this imagine! Vote <3
Thank you for requesting avengersxharrypotter <3