Chapter 28

Valentine's Day

"What if I fall? Oh, but darling, what if you fly?" – Erin Hanson

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Die Hard and The Godfather are not the best movies out there!" I argued. "You are such a guy!"

I was currently laying on top of Aiden, looking into his beautiful gray orbs as he tried explaining to me why Die Hard and the Godfather were the best movie out there.

After school today I decided I needed to de-stress, and Aiden was more than happy to oblige. Following my birthday last week, he and I had continued to enjoy the new found benefits of our friendship.

I have been doing everything in my power to avoid the question of what are we, which has been on my mind a lot, lately. However, if I'm being honest with myself, I don't think I'm ready for Aiden to answer that question just yet.

He, on the other hand, didn't seem to have the same problem. In fact, he's tried bringing it up on multiple occasions but each time he did, I quickly found a way to change the subject. On top of that, Aiden has also been more affectionate towards me at school which earned us quite a few stares. As much as I enjoyed his affection, I had to quickly put a stop to it because I could already feel the rumors beginning to circulate around. I will never understand why teenagers feel the need to talk about something that isn't their business, let alone spread false information about things they know nothing about!

I've never felt this way about someone before, and I'm scared that if Aiden and I have the dreaded what are we conversation, our friendship will end - along with the benefits.

I wanted to continue living blissfully in ignorance for as long as possible. While I'm no stranger to sex, I am a stranger to feelings. I've never felt this way about anyone before.

Looking back on it now, I realize that my feelings for Leo last year were simply a teenage girl crush. A stupid crush that I ended up paying for later because he turned out to be a total dick, and if I could go back in time now, I'd stay as far away as possible from him.

"Then what are the best movies out there, Princess?" Aiden fired back.

"You can never go wrong with White Chicks or The Proposal." I proudly stated. Even thinking about some of the scenes in White Chicks made me want to burst out laughing.

"Those movies are so over rated!" He rolled his eyes.

I slapped his shoulder as I rolled off of him. "No they're not! You just don't appreciate good acting."

"Have you even watched Die Hard? Or The Godfather?"

"Well, no! But – come on!" I stammered over my own words.

"Exactly!" Aiden laughed as he propped his head on his elbow and turned to look at me.

"Shut up." I mumbled. In my defense, I have seen the trailer to both of those movies, and I could never make myself sit through them.

"I'll make you a deal." I mimicked his actions. My tattoo was healing up nicely, and it only slightly hurt when I touched it. Waking up the next day after my birthday to find out I had gotten a tattoo, was quite the shock. However, not as shocking as when Aiden told me what I had originally planned on getting. "If you watch The Proposal with me, I'll watch either Die Hard or The Godfather with you."

Aiden appeared to be thinking it over before a grin spread across his face. "You've got yourself a deal." He then leaned down and brushed his lips against me, pulling me closer to him. We continued to lay in his bed, me cuddled up against him while he was playing with my hair, when there was a knock on his bedroom door.