Chapter 23:Soul mate

A soul mate is someone who you're meant to be with. Who will love you, care for you and feel an undeniable pull to. Every vampire, witch and werewolf has one soul mate but not all. Just rare and powerful ones.

Serenity's pov

At the moment I'm in the library reading a book about soul mates. Then I end up thinking, I'm the most powerful creature in the world, so who's my soul mate? I've only ever liked 2 people in my life, and one happens to be dead while the other considers me her sister. This book says that once the mates recognize each other, they will start developing feelings of protectiveness, possessiveness, jealous, lust and adoration. That's how I knew that Josie Saltzman is my mate but something has to trigger it.

Just as I thought that, my friends rushed in so that we can go out and hang together. But just to out luck, we walk outside and see Triad, a group who hunts and kills supernatural creatures. Everyones powers aren't working but I know mine will, I'll just wait for Inadu to power up because they have dangerous weapons. This man who I assume is in charge, leads us girls to Ric's office and locks us in. Minutes later, he returns with witch hazel lased bullets that could hurt my twins.

In attempt to shoot Lizzie, Josie steps infront of her before I could and gets shot. The guy is smiling at her state. Now I'm angry, very very angry indeed. I feel the room getting colder and the ground to shake causing the guy to stop smiling. I broke his neck and fed Jo my blood to heal her before speeding outside to the hall room. I spot the agents and place protective shields on all students before knocking Triad agents unconscious and killing a few to fule up Inadu.

Once I finished, more than 50 men are on the floor while students are surrounded by a light blue tinted force field I used to protect them from getting hurt in the process. They looked at me shocked for a moment before celebrating. I told MG to turn off the power mutilator and then rushed to Rics office. Josie was fine again in Lizzie's arms protectively wrapped around her. I without a thought jumped at her holding her tight to make sure she never leaves me, not my mate.

It isn't right to tell her about it just yet and I think I need time to figure it out. Alaric came back and students were cleaning up while others went to check their wounds. I sped to twins and I to our dorm and held them safely not wanting to let go. A while later I got a text from dad saying that Hope is going to a camp for the summer to help her. Summer starts in 2 days, it's almost here. Lizzie and Josie are going to Paris with Caroline, Ric stays here as headmaster to orphaned children, MG and Kaleb go home together, Jed will visit Penelope and I will go home to my family as we travel for 2 weeks.

This gives me the opportunity to research the mate thing because if I'm all 3 species, does than mean I have 3 mates? I know Josie is one but something is missing and I don't know what. But I'll leave that for the holidays. For now I want to lay in bed with my best friends, my mother figure and with a sketch book drawing my loved ones. I lay in between the twins with Inadu in between my legs.

I can't help but think back at soul mates. Inadu feels like my soul mate, so does Lizzie but in a sexual way, like a together forever way. It's difficult trying to push these thoughts away so I'm just gonna talk to Inadu through our mind link.

Ren:"Inadu, do I have a soul mate?"

Inadu:"I wasn't to sure but you have 5 soul mates"

Ren:"Who are they?"

Inadu:"Me and Lizzie are your non sexual soul mates. Josie and 2 other people who I don't know are your sexual soul mates. Since Josie is a witch, the 2 must be a vampire and werewolf"

Ren:"Do I have to choose between them?"

Inadu:"No. All 3 are your soul mates and feel a connection to you so that no matter what, you'll end up together"

Ren:"Why is Lizzie my non sexual mate if Josie is my sexual mate?"

Inadu:"Because you feel relatable to her and feel like your souls know each others pain. It's very rare but happens to powerful creatures"

Ren:"Of course the most powerful creature gets 5 mates and 2 who she doesn't know."

I ended the mind link and noticed the twins asleep so I decided to do the same while Inadu went back in.

The next 2 days went quickly and nothing happened except the students who don't have parents preparing things to stay the summer. Lizzie and Josie left the morning to reach Paris at in the evening while I went back to my house here in Mystic Falls. Dad and mum said that I can anything so I'm traveling with Kol and Davina to learn more about mates. All this happened in 17 years o being a supernatural tribrid so what's more to come?