The Suitcases

LIZZYS POV

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Day 31

Lily has never been acting as weird as she did yesterday. Weird may be the wrong word but just different and as everyone would probably understand not in a good way. Whenever Johnny or I would enter a room she'd get up immediately without a word and leave. I can't blame her for anything and I don't want to. I fuckimg deserve this and I know it too. I just wish there'd be a way to make it all just the tiniest bit better.

She obviously told her mother and brother about me and Johnny and the current situation. I'm not feeling comfortable around here. Everytime I enter a room and I feel eyes on me it's like they're judging me through looks. I haven't talked much to Jack and Vanessa either but I guess they're just as confused, upset, maybe even disgusted as Lily. I know I have to accept and probably understand that. I deserve to be treated like trash after what I did. It's just new and I'm not used to be treated like this by them.

At some point this day when I was packing some of my stuff, Vanessa knocked quietly against our opened door and stepped in our room. Lily is having her earphones in as she's listening music that loud to where I can tell which song it is. When Vanessa and I have a brief eye contact I ashamedly look down into my suitcase again and push a pile of pants a little deeper.

"Vanessa?" I sigh and bite hard on my lip when I lift my gaze to look up. She's looking back at me and if I'm not totally blind I can spot a tiny, almost unnoticeable smile on her lips when she hums in response. "Can I ask you something?".

She comes to sit down in front of me, on the other side of my suitcase and nods her head at my question. I look down again and bury my hands in the material of the shirt I intended to fold. "I'm sorry, I really am. I want to apologize to Lily but I don't know how." I tell her and do random stuff with my shirt just to keep my hands busy.

Again she nods briefly. "You might think that this is much more about her being angry about you. Well, it's not. She's kinda worried and confused." Vanessa tells me, with her eyes up on her daughter. I turn around to look at my best friend who didn't even notice her mother was here as she's pretty focused on packing.

"I'd never do something to upset her or make anyone of you feel hurt." I quietly whisper under my breath and don't quite know how much I should probably tell her. "Go for it. Approach her and explain yourself. I promise it'll help you two." She smiles at me and lays a hand on my shoulder to comfort me.

I smile weakly back at her and ask if she was okay if I'd hug her. Vanessa nods her head yes. I lean over and wrap my arms around her. It seems like this is just what I needed; a good hug. Vanessa hugs me tightly to her chest and presses a kiss to my temple. "I'm not angry at you. I know you good enough to be sure there wasn't any bad intention.".

I smile a little at her words and hide my face in the crock of her neck as I tell her that I love her. "I love you too." She whispers back and caresses my back. We pull away after some time and without any further words or actions she stands to her feet and leaves the room. Leaving me alone with Lily.

There's no phrases in my head I believe fit good for starting this conversation and I know there'll never be one. I walk over to her and gently tap on her shoulder. She flinchs a little and spins around, only to sigh deeply at the sight of me. I shyly look at her when she takes out her earphones and goes "what do you want?".

"I want to talk to you. I know it's the least thing you're currently up to but please-... please just let me explain." I beg with my voice faintly cracking in the end. I can't tell what she thinks from looking at her facial expression and its making me crazy. I used to know her so well but now it even seems like she's another person to me. Maybe it isn't her but me who's different. Guess I really ruined everything.