Chapter VII

"I was on duty that night sir," A young boy stated, his eyes darting around the map that was spread across the table. He landed his finger on a drawn out square.
"That was their position when I saw them in the alley."

"Just the two of them, correct?"

"Yes Colonel Tenzin." The guard stood up straight and bowed before leaving the room full of superiors.

Lin cleared her throat and grabbed the pen from her front pocket, she trailed the pen across the map like she was showing directions.
"This is where the assassins fled too, down this street and then up this building here." She explained, tapping on another box.

"Do you have any idea where they went after that?" Colonel Tenzin asked, stroking his beard as he crossed his arms.

Captain Beifong shook her head, placing her pen back into her front pocket.
"No sir, but they weren't seen near the premises after that. I'd say this was a job well done."

Tenzin sighed, shaking his head. He tapped his finger on the box the other guard had pointed out before.
"This position they held that night gave them a clear view of your new office Mr Sato." He looked at the man as he spoke.
"I think we need to double the security around the Manor at nightfall."

Hiroshi nodded.
"I agree, thank you Co-."

The doors to the meeting room soon flung open suddenly, smacking against the wall as they opened.
"Jinora?" Tenzin exclaimed, embarrassed that her daughter had just interrupted a private meeting.

"Father!" She said, panic coating her words as she grasped onto his coat.
"The Red Lotus assassin. Korra!"
The whole room of guards and officers were suddenly intrigued by this new knowledge, they all moved one step closer.
"She was by the lake up north, just out of town. I spoke with her but I didn't realise it was h-."

Tenzin embraced his daughter , cutting off her ramble.
"It's okay, you're safe now. Did you see where she went?"

"I dont know, I was heading towards town and she went a different direction." She rambled, trying to remember which way but she was panicking too much.

Lin Beifong placed a soft hand onto the poor child's shoulder.
"It's alright kid, just breathe." She then turned to Mako and Bolin and motioned her head towards the door, signalling for them to go and alert the guards. The Red Lotus was near.

<->

She pulled the string back until it was centered to her chest, the feather of the arrow brushed against her cheek. Her shoulder didn't hurt as much but there was still some pain, it didn't bother her though. She steadied her breathing, nice and slow. The red rope that formed into a circle could been seen from across the long cobble room . That's her target.

She took a slow breath in and on her exhale she released the string, sending the arrow shooting through the air. The steel tip pierced the red rope right in the center, just like she aimed for. Her lips curved into a proud smirk as she grabbed another arrow from her quiver. She placed the nock of the arrow onto the string, just like before and swiftly pulled it back. Her muscular arms tensing once more before she released the string again. The arrow hit the red circle but a few milimeters away from the other arrow of hers.

"You've still got it then." Kai said, clapping his hands together in applaud. He was generally impressed by her archery skills.

Korra chuckled, preparing her bow for another shot.
"I'm quite surprised. I can't remember the last time I used one of these." She released the string again. Kai watched the arrow fly through the air and hit the white rope of the target, this shot was a little off from her previous ones.
"I'm still a little rusty though."