1.4

A/n : for some reason, a bunch of people voted on this story so I was like lecture exam who??? anyways here y'all go

please comment, vote, or react!

✰✰✰

SPENCER WAKES UP WITH A POUNDING HEADACHE, TO THE SOUND OF HER PHONE RINGING.

She fumbled for it, slowly, one hand rubbing her face and the other patting the side table next to the bed. Finally, her fingers curled around it.

"Hello?"

"Spencer?"

Shit. Spencer knows that voice - and she also knows she's incredibly hungover.

She jolted up in bed. "Oh. Hi. Dad."

"Are you alright?" Bruce pressed as Spencer began to curse herself out.

"Huh? Oh yeah, yeah," she confirmed, wincing as she nodded in confirmation. "I'm good. Great. Just have a headache."

A crackle. "A headache?"

Shit. 

Shit

"Yeah yeah," Spencer said nonchalantly while rubbing her temple. "I forgot to drink water yesterday."

Well, if Bruce wasn't nervous about leaving Spencer behind earlier, he certainly was now. "You forgot to drink water?"

"How are you, dad?" Spencer switched carefully. "How's the...mission?"

"It's alright. Just making sure Tony doesn't do anything irrational."

"How's that going?"

"Not well," Bruce admitted. "Are you sure you're alright, Spencer?"

"I'm fine, I promise," she told him. "It's actually... nice. I'm hanging out with Wanda. It's really cool."

"That's good," Bruce said, sounding relieved. "I'm glad-" there was static. "I have to go, Spencer, I-"

"Alright, bye, love you," Spencer said, hanging up the phone before he could say it back. She lets her head fall into her hands, groaning.

✰✰✰

ABOUT THIRTY MINUTES AND A SHOWER LATER, SPENCER MADE HER WAY TO THE KITCHENS.

It was about 11:30, which was pretty late for Spencer to be waking up. She had gotten pretty used to 8 AM lab hours, so she felt very strange walking into the kitchen.