A very special.....

@DoubleAABatteries_ requested this so there you go!

"And now... the moment we've all been waiting for, for this year's Decathlon field trip, we go to.......... can I have a drum roll, please? Stark Industries!!

It's the 7th of April, sophomore year for Peter Parker. He and MJ have been dating for exactly 350 days. MJ figured out Peter's Spider-Man about a year ago, and ever since Peter knew she found out, they started dating. It doesn't make any sense, but Peter liked MJ, and MJ liked Peter too. It was just at that moment, where Peter had the courage to tell her how he felt about her.

MJ is at least once a month at the Stark Tower. She's experienced it like no one else has. She witnessed and sometimes participated with a lot of Prank Wars, Gaming and movie nights and once, a code blue. Usually she's in Peter's team, but when she's in a bold mood, she, Shuri and Natasha were an (almost deadly) trio against everyone else. The Tower had become her second home and the Avengers her second family.

"Ha! Penis, now we'll find out the internship isn't real! What are your thoughts about that, huh? Maybe they take me as an intern when I spill all the tea about you lying, at school, about your internship," Flash tries to tease Peter. 

"Well, Flash. I think you're wrong. I think anyone who hears a word coming out of your mouth about Peter lying, you're being kicked out immediately. I hope you will. You won't bother anyone anymore if, I mean when, that happens," MJ returns. Flash is just a pathetic bully, not even able to use a good argument in a verbal fight.

Peter wants to sink through the floor. "Come on, Pete. It'll be fun. Shuri's going to come next week for a whole month, isn't she? She and I will be cheering you up. I promise, it'll be fine. And besides, you know everything there's to know about the Tower already. Maybe you can take advantage of that." MJ's pep talk helps. 

"Thank you. You're right. Shuri is indeed coming. But how do you know? I didn't tell you, did I?" Everything MJ left him with was a smirk.

"The trip is scheduled April 22nd to April 24th. You have to bring extra clothes and everything, it's an overnight thing! You know, you're so lucky to have this opportunity. Make sure your parents signed this form before April 20th and make sure you handed it in by then. Prepare and beware for the trip of your life! You're dismissed." And with that, Mr. Harrington announces the end of Decathlon practice.

The moment everyone walked out of class, Ned walks next to Peter. "Dude! Do you know how awesome this is? To see the Tower like a normal visitor? Do you think there will be Avengers? What do you think our activities will be?"

Peter smiles. Ned could be so enthusiastic. 'You've been to the Tower before, you've even met all of the Avengers except The Guardians, who are coming to your birthday by the way. Why do you want to meet them with our school? It will be so embarrassing! And yes, I know what some of our activities will be. I created the program. You and MJ helped me create it, Ned!"

"Oh, that's right. Can you tell me what it's going to be, then? Please? I forgot."

The truth is, Peter forgot almost everything too. But there's no way he's going to admit that. "Sorry dude, I can't. NDA's and shit."

"Hey, Loser, Guy-in-the-chair. Ned, can you please leave us alone for a minute? I want to talk to Peter in private," they hear behind them. It's MJ. 

"Sure, I'll leave the two lovebirds alone. You have a minute. One, two, three..."

"Peter? Did you pay attention to what day we actually go? April 22nd to 24th. You know what'll happen, right?"

"Yes, I do. I just hope this trip won't ruin our whole anniversary. But we'll see." That's right, it's their one-year-together anniversary on the 22nd. Peter wants everything to be perfect, and maybe this field trip just gave him a great opportunity.

The next couple of days, Peter writes down a plan. He wants to make everything perfect. It's MJ. He loves her, she loves him, it has to be a thing she will never forget. Unfortunately, she always tells the truth, even if it hurts people. So if she doesn't like it, she's going to tell him. But that's a risk he'll take.

The moment Peter comes home from Decathlon, he goes to May. They live in the Tower together because she wasn't able to pay the rent of the apartment anymore. When Tony found out, he immediately moved them to the Tower. That's more than a year ago. "May, I have a field trip for school. Do you please want to sign this application for me?"

"Sure, where are you going this year? I know you always love the trips." He doesn't. The one in 8th grade made him Spider-Man and he surely didn't forget about Washington.

"Uhm, we're going to SI. Here. The Stark Tower. And it's an overnight trip. But can you please not tell Tony or anyone else? They'll embarrass me."

"Okay. I won't say a word. But I can't say the same about FRIDAY. You know everything is monitored, right?"

"Shit... It's also the anniversary of MJ and me. I don't want anyone to ruin that. Do you want to hear my plan?"

---

Last night he told everyone his trip is taking place at the Stark Tower. "Yeah, of course it is. Who do you think arranged it?" Pepper asked. That was a surprise.

"You need to start hiding your stuff, Peter. I didn't say anything about it, but your application form was lying on the kitchen table. I read it and then put it in your backpack," Natasha said.

"I know. I really have to start hiding stuff. But can you, all of you, please do me a favor? I want my plan to work, but outside of that you can do whatever you want. I know you'll do something, so please, please don't do it when I'm in the middle of something." When he said that, he handed out every person in the room a copy of his plan.

"Wow, Peter. MJ'll love this, I'm sure. For your information: you don't sleep in your own room. You stay with everyone else, whether you like it or not. You sleep in a one- or two-person room, and if you want to I can put MJ with you already. In the end, I'm in charge of what happens in this building, I'm the CEO."

"Technically that's not true. You're the CEO of the company Pepper, but it'll always be my building. I have to agree with you on this one, though. Peter and MJ always sleep in the same room and I don't know why it has to be any different."

1179 words

February 22nd 2021 

"edited" June 9th 2023 (but only major grammatical errors)