//From Another POV//

I, Anna, notgoingtotellyoumylastnamesoidontgetangryreadersatmydoorat2:00am, would like to *giggle* For- formerly apo- *snort* apologize for- for- *dies* leaving you on- *LOL* dropping you off- *sNORT* *hEHEHe* that cliff yesterday.

...lmaojustkiddingyourpaingivesmelifeAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

BTW FOR THOSE OF U CONFUSED ABOUT WHO IS RESPONDING TO UR COMMENTS/WRITING THE CHAPTERS, ITS ANNA, LOL. Alex took a break from writing a while ago due to some family problems etc and recently told me they ain't coming back 🤩🤩 (dw it was nicer than that and had more apologies LOL) SOOOO...YEAH. The person running this acc is me 🙈✨✨

ANYHOW,,, ENJOY~~~

——-

Previously, on A̶v̶a̶t̶a̶r̶- Reborn into The Promised Neverland;

"Ray," I spoke, my voice low and serious. The ravenhead immediately ceased all movement, as if dreading my next words. "You didn't succeed in making the promise, did you?"

-----

I watched as the ravenhead paled, his eyes widening for a moment as he stared in silence. "N-no, we did..." He murmured, looking away.

"Ray..." I muttered, my hands clenching in my lap. "Can you just tell me the truth? And in return... maybe I'll find a way..." I trailed off, but Ray seemed to get what I meant.

He sighed, looking up at the ceiling. "I guess..."

-----

Ray and Emma stared at the black hole inside of a four-dimensional hypercube as it eerily floated in open space front of them. "It's just like Y/N said..." Emma murmured, her stomach still churning from the guilt of leaving her friend behind.

"It'll be okay." Ray hummed, swallowing dryly. "It needs to be okay." He muttered, his eyebrows drawing together.

Emma looked to Ray's anxious face, grabbing onto his hands. "We can do it! We just need to believe!"

Ray nodded despite his pale face. "Yeah." They clasped their hands together and reached out for the black hole, fingers inching closer and closer. And then they touched the the black hole, nothing and everything beneath their fingertips...

"...Oh." Ray murmured as he stared up at the bright blue sky, clouds floating across listlessly in the deep blue. He looked down, his eyes widening further as he stared at the ground below him- or, rather, the sky. The inky night sky that sparkled below him, his feet sending ripples across the surface.

"So this is what Y/N saw..." Emma sighed in amazement, turning to make eye contact with the green-eyed emo. There was a sudden whoosh up above, a sudden gust of wind blowing Emma and Ray's hair and clothes about. They looked up in surprise as the one- eyed dragon of Cuvitidala flew overhead, following its line of flight with their eyes as it continued straight ahead, swooping down behind the hunched-over form of the demon as he stalked towards them, hands folded neatly behind its back.

As the two onlookers watched the demon approached, changing form as he walked closer and closer, melding into a younger and younger form, until at last, a young child floated in front of them, glowing koi fish swimming through the air. "It isn't supposed to be you." The demon murmured in amusement out of nowhere, slicing straight though the tense atmosphere.

"Are you 'him'?" Ray inquired at the floating child, his hands clenching and unclenching in anticipation as his stomach churned.

The demon let out a childish giggle, sending chills into Ray's bones. "I suppose that's what I'm called amongst humans." The demon child continued floating closer until it stopped directly in front of Emma and Ray. "Nice to meet you, Emma, Ray. Although I was expecting another..."