Charming Mama

Y/n smiles the moment she enters through Mrs. Park's chamber balcony. The elder lady is sitting in the comfort of her seat, looking through many pieces of unstitched dresses laying before her. There are a few tailors who surround her, giving her ideas and picking the best dresses to show them off to her.

Y/n can not help but stare in awe at the uncountable amount of beautiful fabric. She does not remember the last time she shopped and picked dresses for herself. She walks in further inside the room and Mrs. Park immediately spots her and smiles warmly. "Y/n, my dear. Come look at all this fabric."

Y/n's scrunches her nose at the adorable woman before her and approaches the scene. "Look, are they not just beautiful?" Mrs. Park coos, holding up a piece of cloth when Y/n reaches her side.

The young woman is soon starry eyed the moment her gaze lands on the fabric in her mother in law's hand. Oh God, it is velvet. The love of her life. She nods eagerly at the adult, taking a seat on the enormous comfort round, pillow sitting on the ground next to Mrs. Park's sofa.

"I ordered these so we can dress for the ballere. Go ahead, Y/n. Choose yourself any fabric and I will get them prepared into beautiful dresse." Mrs. Park informs, watching as the young lady turns to her with owlish eyes.

"Really?" She questions innocently and the elder can not help but put a soft palm over her head and rub gently.

Y/n is blushing in seconds and happily turning towards the cloths before her. The older woman continues to smile at her as she looks through the items before her. The more she looks at her, the more she reminds her of her mother.

Strong woman who is troubled by so many but manages to keep herself happy and content. If her mother was here, she would be so proud.

She still remembers how her mother smiled down at her cradled in her warm arms, wishing for her dear daughter to be different and independent, something she herself wished to be but she could not survive in the world of men. Jimin’s little fingers that time were grabbing for her even smaller feet, trying to reach for her as he had found her extremely fascinating, and that still stands to this day.

It makes her want to keep the youth-filled woman to herself, give her all the love of a mother that she was stripped off of. She knows her husband is going to like her too. Y/n is just that joyful and familiar to be around.

"Mrs. Park." She is turning to look up at her, face excitedly shaped so pretty. She points to the many cloths laid on her lap. "How about you choose the material for me and I will style the dress myself?"

Mrs. Park's face lits with surprise. "You can sew?"

Y/n smiles bashfully. "It is one of my hobbies."

The older woman hums in delight. "They say if a woman can control a needle then she can also control the sharp blade of a sword."

Y/n giggles at the words and nods. "I can also control a sword but no one knows that."

"No one?" Her eyes widen when Y/n shakes her head. "Not even my shrimp of a son?"

Y/n bursts into laughters at that and she can see the few of the tailors holding theirs. "No, he does not know either." She speaks in between giggles.

Mrs. Park huffs. "So you are telling me that buffoon with the memory span of his fish does not know that he is gifted with someone who is a full armed warrior in a dress of an angel?"

Y/n is still red on the cheeks. She can't believe how this woman made her blush more in one sitting then her son had over the last three months.

"I think he does know that I can protect myself but definitely not from bigger danger." Y/n explains, her mind flashing to what happened when she woke up in King Kang's ship. She would have been dead by now if it were not for Jimin showing up and distracting him. She can not help but admit. "And I agree. I will definitely freeze rather than fight."