Chapter 4A

Lia's POV

WE SPENT THE rest of the week purchasing things needed for the new school year as well as designing the living room and our rooms when the things we ordered arrived. Our parents also went to our house to see if the house is okay to live in. We also had dinner with them.

We are at SC Mall now, one of the businesses Ryujin's father has. As far as I know, there will be a merging that will take place between Yeji and Ryujin's family. I remember them talking about it yesterday. I bet there will be a small gathering when the two families come to an agreement when it comes to their business.

"It's really different when you own a mall," Chaeryeong commented sharply when she saw three bodyguards following us. It's always like that whenever we come here. So sometimes Ryujin doesn't want to come here anymore. She'll call her dad just to stop him from sending bodyguards to look after her.

"Says the one who owns an airline," Ryujin said back at Chaeryeong. She fished her phone from her pocket and begins to dial something then she put the phone near her ears. I bet she'll call her dad. "Dad, you know I really don't like someone following me especially your bodyguards!" She glanced at the three men behind us before proceeding to talk to her father. "I can handle myself!"

You can see the annoyance on her face. She cut the call and marched straight to the three of them. The four of us followed her. "Do you want to leave and won't follow us anymore or I'll break your bones just so you can no longer follow us?"

The two bodyguards got disturbed and frightened while the other one wasn't overwhelmed by what Ryujin said. We know the one who isn't surprised because he's the chief bodyguard who always follows Ryujin. I don't know his name but I still recognize him.

"But Agassi..." (Agassi means young lady in Korean)

He didn't finish what he was going to say because Ryujin talked again.

"Will you obey what I want or will my fist fall on your face instead?" Ryujin's face has a dull expression but you can still get afraid because of it. It's still nice at this moment because she's just calm and still talking to them. If she's furious, then the three bodyguards were already flying because of her punch. "Choose one, Minseo."

"You won, Agassi." Minseo replied feeling defeated then turned to his two companions. "Let's go."

"I'm sure Uncle will not slide this again," Yuna said when the three left.

"I don't care. Dad knows I don't want anyone following me. For what reason did I learn how to fight if I won't use it? Dad should thank me for not wanting to make a scene here at the mall. I don't want to ruin this mall and dad's reputation because of it."

Seriously, Ryujin is really cool! Even though we have been friends for years I still admire her. I can't stand the way she answers her father freely because I'm not like her who can say and do what she wants. If I did that to my family, I would probably have been evicted from our house for a long time ago.

"Come on, let's eat. I'm hungry."

We ate at a restaurant. After eating, the five of us split up on what we're going to do. Yeji and Ryujin will watch a movie, Chaeryeong and Yuna will go shopping, and I'll go to a book store and buy a book.

"We'll text you when the movie is over," Yeji said before she left with Ryujin.

I turned to Chaeryeong and Yuna. "Text me where you are later. I'll follow." They nodded.

I waved them goodbye and started walking. When I saw the World Book Store, I promptly went inside.

"Good day, Miss Lia!" The manager of the book store greeted me. I saw the employees lined up and bowed to me.

"You don't have to do that." I shifted to the manager next to me. "Manager Yoo, how many times do I have to tell you you don't have to do that every time I visit here?" I heard her say sorry. "I'll go around." She nodded and informed the employees to return to their jobs.

World Book Store, or better known as WBS, is a retail business owned by my family. Publishing books is my family's main business. Ever since I was a child I have been surrounded by books so maybe that's the reason why I fell in love with it.

I wandered inside the book store looking for some books I could buy. When I saw a good book, I took it.

"What the?"

I looked at the who snatch away the book I would have taken. He was wearing a black hoodie and sweatpants. He is tall! I think my height can only reach his shoulders. Is there such a person whose height is like this? I look like a minion because of his height.

Stop it, Lia! What are you thinking? You must be angry because he took the book you want! You shouldn't be noticing his height!

"Give it back!"

I tried grabbing the book but he immediately took it away. Argh! The temerity of this guy!

"I was the first to see this book so it's mine!" I looked at him. There, I saw his gorgeous face. He seems familiar for some reason. Where did I see him?

"No. If you were the first one to see this, then you should have taken it before I could."

"It's mine!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"No!"

"Ummm... excuse me, what's the problem here?" We both glanced at who asked that. Manager Yoo's eyes widened when she saw me. "Oh, Miss Lia. What's the matter?"

"It's nothing, Manager Yoo," I answered. "I'm leaving! Please tell Mom I passed by here." I stared back at the man before turning away from them.

He's annoying! I hate him! I was the first to see the book! That jerk! I hope he'll fall!

"Awww!"

I looked back and saw that the man is now lying down the floor. The book he was holding is also on the ground.

"Serves you right." I laughed.

He stood up. "What did you say?"

"I said that you fell because of karma." I stuck out my tongue to tease him even more.