⋆⋅ fourty one ⋆⋅

╔═══*.·:·.★ ✦ ★・:・:*═══╗
Chapter 41
╚═══*.·:·.★ ✦ ★・:・:*═══╝

"you can sleep in the guest room if you want" Karl pointed to a door opposite of his streaming room. It was around 4 in the morning. We had just arrived at Karl's home in North Carolina. Even though I had been asleep the entire 3-hour plane ride, I was still excruciatingly tired. 

"you should get some sleep though" Karl smiled as I opened the guest room door.

"I'll see you in the morning?" he asked.

"mhm" I nodded, and he closed the door.
I sat at the foot of the bed and wondered about today's events, after tossing and turning over a span of hours, I fell asleep deep in thoughts. 

I woke up the next day to Karl's doorbell ringing, my head shot up from the bed and noticed I hadn't even gotten under the blankets. 

I walked out of the room and peeked around the corner to see the shadow of the front door being opened by Karl.

"why am I here again?" a monotoned voice said as soon as Karl greeted them.

"I couldn't tell you until you came over, sorry for the long commute" Karl chuckled as he closed the door.

"yeah, I could've used that plane money to invest in all the orphanages I'm gonna burn down." 

────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────

"Amber alerts are sent out to Ontario and Quebec" Officer Banks was calling for the 5th time tonight.

"Anything?" Wilbur asked,

"no more information" 

"ok—thank you" Wilbur sighed and hung up again. Silence.

"We should all go to sleep, Will you can keep your phone on, so we hear when Banks calls, but you won't be able to do anything properly unless you get sleep" Niki pushed.

"Niki's right, I'm gonna sleep" Schlatt went up the stairs. Slowly, everyone left one by one, until it was Wilbur, Me, and Niki sitting on the couch stubbornly.

"Tommy, please just at least take a nap" I didn't answer.

"You're not helping Ollie by going on a sleep-strike" She tried to make eye contact with me.

"I just don't want to miss a call" I murmured.

"I'll wake you if anyone calls" I didn't answer again, but eventually laid my head against the pillow next to me. My plan was to pretend to be asleep, which didn't work well. Because in a matter of seconds I felt myself doze off. 

I woke up again to Niki talking to Wilbur, as I looked out the window, the sun was coming upon the horizon.

"You should probably text Techno, say that we won't make it to the next location for another couple days" Niki asked Wilbur as he picked up his phone.

"Tommy go back to sleep" She noticed me bringing my head up from the couch. Tubbo was still asleep, on the other side.

"I'm fine" I responded. Niki just sighed and turned to Wilbur,

"has Techno said anything?"

"he said he had something come up so that would work well, we're rescheduling for next week later just incase" 

"okay, good" she stood up and headed for the kitchen. Sapnap and George were walked down the stairs and greeted us.

"when are you guys leaving?" I asked.

"couple minutes" George sighed.

"Sorry we have to leave; I just have some school stuff and—" Sapnap started,

"trust me its fine, you were planning on leaving today before—anything happened" Wilbur gave a small grin to the pair.

After Niki forcing me and Wilbur to eat, Nick and Sapnap said goodbye to the group, asking us to call and text with updates.

"like seriously, don't hesitate to ring me up for a therapy session or something" Sapnap chuckled.

"sure thing" I smiled for the first time today.

After watching George and Nick drive away, we went back to the couch. Everyone was awake and spread out across the living space, having small talk amongst themselves. The main attraction of the room was Schlatt trying to flip his timbs and making them land right side up. Everyone would silently cheer once her would flip it right. Things were a little more relaxed, but it definitely wasn't the same.

────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────

"Techno, I called you because I literally couldn't think of anyone else, she's close to, but—Ollie's here" 

"really? Why didn't you tell me sooner?" Techno looked around the room.

"well—because—she may have gotten stalked and kidnapped yesterday..." Karl trailed off. There was a medium silence before techno chuckled,

"wait—so you're telling me she got—stalked and kidnapped?" 

"yeah" Karl fidgeted with the hem of his sweater.

"you're not joking?" there was a short silence, so I assumed karl had nodded.

"where is she?" 

"in my guest, sleeping—she hadn't gotten much sleep the past few days"

"wasn't she high on stream—like 2 nights ago?"

"yep" Karl sighed, 

"that's—wait how did she—what happened?"

"from what she told me, she had been getting messages for about a week, but wasn't super worried. The night they all got high she got a text from the same people that her parents were gone, they hacked her phone to call her and said if she tells anyone any information, they'll take her too, next morning she got into an uber and was driven to their house. She stayed there a day before jumping off the roof and running away"

"bruh" techno said shakily.

"so we can't call Wilbur or anyone at the cabin, because apparently they have mics and cameras planted" Karl finished.

"oh—kay" Techno sighed at the load of information.

"so what do we do?" he asked.

"I have no idea" Karl shook his head.

a/n: so so so so sorry about not being super active on the updates. school sucks. um anyway enjoy these,

 um anyway enjoy these,