Chapter 16 - Deslaba

TW:

Mention of Child Abuse (The usual)

------------------

"It was great getting to spend time with you again Tommy," Helen smiled hugging her son and hissing his forehead lightly. Phil glared at her slightly, he still seemed very suspicious of her motives.

"I'm glad we made up before you left," Tommy gave her a small smile, "I hope that your other plan will work out," Helen nodded while the guards looked slightly confused, but nonetheless ushered his mother towards the hub portal.

"Send me letters with how the election goes!" Helen yelled back waving before disappearing through the portal with the guards following toe.

"Dream," a voice said the moment all three of the guests had disappeared through the portal, "I would like to discuss what we talked about earlier in further detail," it was Phil- surprisingly, he usually wanted little to nothing to do with Dream.

Dream merely nodded as the two walked away.

"Well then!" Wilbur clapped "Tommy c'mon the vote results are out tomorrow!" Wilbur began to strut away with Tommy close in tow. The others loosely followed dispersing to their own houses and tasks.

The only person now left at the portal a Technoblade. He and Phil should be leaving this afternoon as it was currently morning.

A weird sense of foreboding surrounded him as he gazed at the portal. Where had Tommy's dad been? Phil hadn't explained why he suddenly wanted to meet Tommy and just dragged Techno along.

The pinkette shook himself out finally turning away from the portal. Too bad they weren't staying for the election, he had wanted to meet the other competitor who had yet to show their face.

------------------

Deslaba Prison

"You realize how disgusting you are?" hissed HauntSatan(Congrats), they were a security guard at the prison in charge of handling a certain prisoner.

The prisoner merely hummed taking the food they had offered with a nod of thanks. He regretted what he did, truly, but hearing the guards constantly slur at him hadn't helped his mental health heal despite seeing a counselor. 

"I know you say you didn't mean to," the guard hissed again "But you had a damn kid, why were you drinking in the first place?"

"I never wanted to hurt him," the prisoner rasped finally in a quiet tone "I was just mad, mad at his mother, and I took it out on him..." he whispered the last part quietly. The guard let out a defeated sigh.

"Well someone paid your bail. They said they were your 'running partner' or some shit- dunno how that works cuz you're in prison." the guard said in a slightly monotone voice seemingly getting over their original anger.

He perked up at this, his running partner? Oh yes, Quackity. How had he forgotten... before being arrested he had in fact been a powerful businessman- and Quackity had come to him with a deal.

He was excited to see the short man though didn't want to show it, he had become decent friends with him being the only person who visited.

(Yes I am adding Schlatt x Quackity- kinda. It will die out when y'know [Spoiler warning] Quackity joins Pogtopia. Also at the time of writing this Schlatt being Tommy's dad won the vote and no new votes had been added in at least 3 hours + the amount of time it took to write this chapter)

As Schlatt was escorted from his cell he was put into a small locker room. A suit laid on the bench in the middle of it with a note.

He walked over picking up the note and reading it slowly.

Dear Schlatt,

Hope you are well. I'm glad you accepted my proposal for this joint running. I hope you enjoy the suit I had tailored for you, you always want to look presentable. Still slightly shocked that you got put in jail for abusing your kid, maybe we'll find him again some day after you become president. You will want to make your way to the 'Dream SMP'. I will meet you there near the portal, if not, ask for me. I have no doubt we will be the victors. Can't wait to see you here Mr. President.

Sincerely,

Quackity.

Schlatt smiled. Mr. President. That sounded nice.

------------------

L'manberg (Wilbur's Office

"So any news on Quackity's supposed running mate?" Tommy said legs kicked up on the desk as Wilbur paced the room.

"None. Thats why I'm nervous." Wilbur frowned eyebrows furrowing "The count of the votes is tomorrow and we haven't even met all our opponents."

"Worrying sure," Tommy scoffed "But we are gonna win either way," 

"God what happened to the calm and rational Tommy when your mom was here," Wilbur groaned in exasperation "Its like when she left she took your serious side with her. 

Techno and Phil had left a few hours earlier, Tommy and Wilbur anxiously awaited last minute people who were placing their votes. People that didn't live in the smp even got a say- which in his opinion was absurd but they seemed to want a deal in the matter nonetheless. 

Quackity's other running partner would be here by tomorrow most likely arriving right before the counting began. George for whatever reason didn't seem to give a fuck about Quackity basically ditching him despite them technically also running together.

He shrugged it off opting to listen to Tommy. Most of the votes were already cast. Who the hell could his runningmate be to influence everyone not on the dream smp to vote for them? They couldn't be that important.

Right?