buttons

*
{🦋} paring; Ray x reader
{🖤 } requested? Yes, ChasityTsurugi
{🦋} warnings; unhealthy obsession with buttons ??
{🖤} I hope you all enjoy, btw you and Ray are around 8 or 9 in this🤍
{🦋} 1636 words
**

Y/n toyed with the small white button. She flipped it around in her hands, examining it. She looked at it like it was a brand new invention, but in reality it was the same as every other button at the House.

"Y/n, dear, what are you doing?" Isabella's voice startled the young girl. She whipped around, a blush of embarrassment creeped up on her cheeks as a few other kids turned to look at her to.

"Uh.." she glanced around. It felt like a lot more eyes were on her then there actually were. "I was just.. lookingatabutton." She mumbled the last part. Isabella blinked at her. A younger kid snickered, and y/n felt more heat rise to her cheeks.

"You were so interested in a button?" Another kid, around ten or eleven appeared beside her. She ripped the small object from y/n's hand.

"Hey! Give it back!" Y/n waved her arms around. The girl raised her hand and threw the button.

Y/n flailed her arms. "No!" She scurried over to where it fell. She could hear the other kids laughing, though the small eight year old tuned them out. Y/n skidded to a halt, falling onto her knees in the process. She squinted her eyes, trying to find the small circular object. Y/n rummaged around, pushing past the grass. she could feel herself begin to tear up.

"Is this what you're looking for?" Y/n looked up. Ray, with a book tucked under his right arm, held his left hand out. Y/n stood up from all fours. In his hand was the small button y/n was driving herself crazy over.

"You found it!' She exclaimed happily.

"It hit me on my head." He replied bluntly. "It wasn't hard to find." Y/n's smile didn't falter, despite Ray's tone.

"Thank you!" She threw her arms around the boy with so much force she almost knocked him down. He made a strangled noise and, though she couldn't see it, his cheeks turned a dark shade of red.

When she pulled away, y/n smiled and reclaimed her button. When Ray made no move to say anything, y/n waved and said goodbye. She turned, almost running into Norman. She waved at him to. He returned the gesture as the small girl continued back to the house. She avoided as many people as she could. She didn't feel like having another encounter like earlier. When inside the room, y/n found Emma rummaging through the drawers.

"Have you seen Mr. Dino?" The orange haired girl asked. "One of the toddlers lost him."

"No, I haven't." Y/n replied as she opened her own drawer. Y/n unscrewed the lid of a jar almost filled with buttons.

"Huh, you really do like buttons." Emma had suddenly appear over y/n's shoulder. Y/n quickly shut the drawer. "Don't worry I don't judge. I swear!' Emma added, slapping her hand over her heart.

Y/n laughed. "Thanks Emma."

Emma grinned. "We don't talk much. We should change that!" Emma took hold of Y/n's hand. The girls tore off down the hallway, despite y/n's efforts to stay behind.
Y/n wasn't exactly a very sociable person. She preferred to be on her own most of the time.

"C'mon y/n! Don't be a Ray!" Emma turned to face the girl, and clasped both of her hands around y/n's.

"There's nothing wrong with being a Ray!" Y/n protested. "He's nice!" Emma stopped tugged on y/n's hands, making her stumble and fall.

"Sorry!" Emma quickly shuffled over to y/n and lifted her up. Y/n felt dizzy from being lifted so quick.

"Your to strong for your age.." y/n muttered.