||Xiao: When Stars Align

I hope you realize i have another angst lined up for xiao, but we'll take a break for today

︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶༉‧₊˚.

➷when stars align➷

Usually, you would start your day by heading over to wangshu inn where you worked as a chef, today though was a special day. You were given weeks break from work by the boss.

You lived in a small wooden cottage alone, separated from the rest of the civilization. That is, in order to live in the middle of a flower field. So that's what you decided to do during your first day of your break. Picking flowers in your big garden.

You weren't much for starting a conversation, but that doesn't mean you aren't overly energetic either. It's easy to make friends if you wanted to.

You squat down in the large groups of flowers and picked one up, examining it's brightly colored petals. So focused on it that you hadn't realized a group of passing hilichurls spotted you.

They rushed to attack, feeling oddly threatened by your almost invisible presence.

When you heard a rustling noise, or multiple, it was to late. A club was swung towards your face.

In terms of battle, you'd be better off planting carrots in sand. Your brain haven't even processed what the hell was going on before the hilichurls were flung back.

"What the fuck." You muttered, blinking at the mess of fallen flower petals that had floated up and fluttered back down.

A voice started talking to you, sounding more annoyed than needed. "Humans are useless." he muttered. if you see an attack coming, the proper reaction is to move away."

"Well It wasn't my fault I wasn't thought how to fight."

The man who saved you looked down at your still-squating posture. Though if you stood up you'd be the same height if not a little taller.

He had a indifferent expression on his face, watching you as if your some sort of alien species.

It was getting uncomfortable, so you dusted the dirt off your pants. "Aren't you one of the adeptis?" You asked.

The man, as if he was a deer caught in headlights, stopped breathing for a second.

The air between you two got significantly awkward. Since it was getting dark, you decided to walk back home. Not before looking behind you to see the adepti trailing after like a lost puppy.

"Don't you have, I don't know, important matters to attend to?" You didn't bother turning around to look at him as you spoke.

"My duty is to protect Liyue and it's people." He answered curtly.

It really was awkward. After that short conversation, you looked up at the sky. Two stars were oddly bright. It was almost blinding.

Fascinated, you pointed at it without a single thought, "look, the stars are so bright tonight."

The adepti behind you merely scoffed, "why should I care?"

Rude, you thought. "Just thought it looked cute. No need to be so salty about it."

Looking offended at your words, he turned around and left in a swift motion.

He looked like a child about to throw a tantrum and ran away. You shook your head at the thought and entered the little cottage.

︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶༉‧₊˚.

You sat on top of your roof, feeling the cold breeze blow against your hair. You didn't have to wait to long for another to accompany you.

Xiao dropped down from the big tree branch that loomed above, casting shadows over both of you.

The adepti's visit has been more and more frequent as time goes by. The more he came, the closer you two got. The more you discovered about him, the more interested you became. The same applies to him.

"The wind feels nice." It was an off comment, but Xiao fully turned his head towards you, staring at you intently. His golden eyes sent ripples through your heart, and you tried your best to hide it.

As you gazed up at the dark sky, illuminated by the bright stars, you started, "look Xiao." He followed your gaze up. "Those two are so bright it's almost blinding."

"Mn." Xiao mumbled in agreement, scooting ever so slightly closer to you. You could feel the heat radiating off his hands. It took you a great amount to stop imagining how his hands would cover over yours if he were to hold it.

"Doesn't this remind you of that day we first met?"

Xiao thought for a moment before speaking up, "I thought you were really annoying. You still are."

Before you could retort, you felt you hand being engulfed by the warmth you tried so hard to forget.

Xiao was holding your small hands in his, lifting it up to his chest.

"Xiao?" You waited for his response on what the fuck he was doing. Not that you minded.

His face flushed before he even answered, quickly turning around and jumped away from the rooftop. He was out of your sight in mere seconds.

You still sat in place, hand reached out to his direction. With your mind still in a mess, you stumbled your way into the house, plopping down onto the bed, screaming incoherently into your pillow.

"Aa.....aaaaaAAAAAAA-"

︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶༉‧₊˚.

You guys asked for fluff, here's some fluff :)

This could've been easily turned into angst. Ngl this WAS supposed to be angst.

But thanks to this, i got another idea for some sad ass shit. (Again for xiao. Why does my brain just generate constant sadness for this man HAHSHAHS)

Posted this in time for lantern rite festival hngggg

Also I'm going to promote my discord server. It's in my bio lmao.