꧁90꧂

Sirius was no longer the happy and peppy person he was before. Regulus was his little brother and no matter what he did, he was proud of him and he knew his brother was brave but he thought he could never match the amount of bravery Regulus faced.

He lay on his back in his room, looking up at the ceiling. Occasionally he shut his eyes for a second to try and sleep but opened them again when all he could think about was running around the halls with Regulus as children.

He was exhausted and had been unable to get a good night sleep for days. Only one moment at Hogwarts replayed in his mind.

                                    ༒
It was the first days back at Hogwarts after Sirius left Grimmauld place. James, Peter and Remus has ran ahead leaving Sirius to walk to Transfiguration alone. His eyes widened when he saw his younger brother, Regulus walking the opposite way and looking down at the book in his hand.

"Hey Reg." Sirius said with a smile which disappeared when Regulus looked up and scowled at him with a scoff. "H-how are you?" He stuttered which only made the boy scowl more.

"Shut up Sirius." Regulus said monotonously which took the older boy back. "What are you trying to do?" He asked, his top lip curling up. "After all the things you said, you dare ask me how I am? You called me and your mother murderers." He spat, glaring at students who passed the two brothers. "You can't betray your family and pretend there aren't consequences." He added.

Sirius couldn't think of anything to say and he had never heard Regulus talk like this before. "You got what you wanted. You finally got rid of your disgusting family ,didn't you?" He asked as he looked his older brother up and down with disgust. "So, just keep doing what you've always done. Leave me alone." Regulus ordered, looking at his brother who stuttered for an answer.

"But y-you're still my brother I..."

"No! You stopped being my brother the moment you left that house." Regulus spat, interrupting Sirius before rushing past him and  hitting his arm with his shoulder as he went.

                                        ༒
Sirius jolted up and opened his eyes wide, feeling tears fall from his jaw and onto his covers. He wiped his face with his hands before getting up and wondering down the stairs.

There were very few things that helped Sirius calm down. Kisses from Remus, Euphemia's cookies and being in his animagus form and right now he only had one option.

He opened the front door and slowly began to shrink as black fur grew all over his body and he began to morph into a black dog. He could run a lot faster as a dog so he made it to James and Leta's house faster then usual.

He went back to his human form and he went to knock on the front door but through the living room window he saw Leta with her head in her hands. She lifted her head up which showed her red face and a photo she held in a hand. Sirius recognised the pose the person in the photo was doing because it was plastered all over the walls of his childhood home.

"Leta." Sirius called through the door as he knocked on it as quietly as he could go not frightened her. She did not flinch but she did look up with wide eyes, letting out a sigh when he saw it was Sirius.

She got up and opened the door and before he could say anything her arms were wrapped around him tightly. Sirius didn't know wether to hug back since her massive stomach pushed their bodies away. "I miss him so much." She sobbed into his shirt which made him sigh. "Me too."

He then led the heavily pregnant Leta up to her room and helped her into her bed, offering to get her a drink which she refused and inside she invited him to sit beside her.

                                  ༒
Sirius froze for a moment as his younger brother hurried past him. "What? No!" He exclaimed as he spun around to watched Regulus who had not stopped. "You don't understand! Reg-Regulus! Please! Let me explain!" Sirius shouted felling tears swell up and collect on the water line of his eye.

"Don't you ever speak to me again." Regulus said in a stern tone as he continued down the now empty corridor since everyone had gone to class. "Regulus wait!" Sirius ordered but the boy ignored him and turned the corner. "Wait." He repeated quietly in a defeated voice, letting out a deep sigh.

Regulus heard Sirius sighs as he was hidden around the corner, tears flooding from his eyes as he gripped onto his arm to stop himself from loudly sobbing.