Chapter Twenty Five

Pierce~

Pierce got Natalie set up in his office so she could work remotely on some event projects for Luxe while he and the team met down the hall in one of the large conference rooms.

Bravo and Delta team were already surrounding the tables with all heads turning to him as he entered the room.

"Nice of you to join the party." Declan scoffed.

"Sorry, didn't hear my phone, Boss."

Hunter entered the room a few seconds later with some files under his arm, handing one to each team leader.

Declan and Slater took the files and spread the contents across the table for their teams to see.

"What are we looking at Sir?" Declan asked. 

This is all the Intel that the DEA was able to get out of Nunez last night.

"Bastard sure had a lot to say." Slater said.

"Yeah well between Hollywood shootin' holes in his buddy and Marcus' big ass coming at him with a knife, dude practically shit his pants." Caleb chuckled.

The teams went through the documents, flagging things they thought were important and discarding things that they thought were bullshit. They had gone through almost every page when Declan went rigid and lost color in his face.

"Fuck." Declan growled as he pulled his phone from his pocket.

"What's wrong boss?"

Declan turned one of the papers toward Pierce and pointed at an address scribbled in the corner, tapping at it with his index finger.

"That's the address of the tutoring company that Lexi started working for part time this week."

"Shit." Pierce and Caleb said in unison.

"She's not supposed to go in for another two hours, I'll let her know something's up and have her come here instead."

The blood of every man in the room ran cold with deja vu as they listened to Lexi's line trill on speaker phone.

"I was just about to call you." Lexi's angelic voice filled the room giving everyone permission to exhale.

"Lex..." Declan tried to get a word in but she cut him off and kept talking.

"You know I always thought the phrase: fuck your brains out, was just a saying, but I think it actually happened, you may have actually accomplished that, because my brain is not cooperating with my body this morning."

An amused smile lifted the corner of Declan's mouth as his girlfriend rambled and he dropped his head into one hand.

"Lex..." Declan chuckled and tried once more, but she was on a roll.

"I'm serious Dec. I shaved exactly half of my right leg and none of my left leg, I used conditioner instead of shampoo, and had a small tremor while I was doing my eye make up. So all in all I look like a lunatic who has indeed had her brains fucked out."

"Lexi..." Declan said again with his shoulders bouncing with laughter as the rest of the team tried to stifle their own laughs.

"I mean maybe if you were smaller I would be able to function just fine after a night like last night, but I am struggling..."

"Lexi!" he finally said with his voice slightly raised to get her attention through his own laughter.

"I've got you on speaker with the team babe..." Declan chuckled.