54: Officially Together (2)

Dream's POV
Finally, with Techno's hand in mine, we made our way back to the diner.

I truly did I want to make that picnic, but things just did not turn out right at all.

It was a quiet and peaceful walk. I liked it. I want to spend as much time as I can with my boyfriend, Techno. Now that we're official, we can do coupley things without weird looks. Though there will still be some, but I choose to ignore those.

I glanced down, seeing as our feet had fallen into a pattern with one another. How cute.

Ugghhhhh! I really hope nothing else goes wrong tonight.

~

Techno's POV
Due to Dream's previous look, I wonder what happened. He told me he planned something special, so maybe it was him stressing over that? I wonder what it was....

Oh well. I'll soon find out!

~

We had finally arrived at a diner, the diner he took me to on our first date. It was as beautiful as it was the first time we came. Dream dropped my hand and nearly sprinted to the door, throwing it up.

"Ladies first," he teased as he winked.

"Then wouldn't you go first?" For once, I decided to join in on the teasing. Apparently what I said made Dream really flustered. His face was all red, and seemed...broken? I chuckled as I stepped into the building.

"H-hey!" Dream called as I approached the host. She looked like the one that had sat us before, but her hair was pink this time.

"Two?" She asked. I nodded, and she showed us to a table next to the window. "Enjoy your meal!" She said before walking back to her post.

"What are you planning on getting this time?" Dream asked, seeming to overcome his previous state.

"Mmmm, dun know. Haven't decided," I said as I opened the menu. I quickly scanned it. Maybe a burger? Hmmmm.

~

Dream's POV
WHY IS HE SO CUTE WHEN HE CONCENTRATES ON SOMETHING??? HELLO??? WHO GAVE YOU THE RIGHT—

Ah yes, I should probably figure out what I want to eat though. HmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMM OKAY BUT HE'S JUST SO-

DREAM FOCUS YOU IDIOT! First, find something to order, then you can admire your beautiful boyfriend.

AhhhHH WHY IS THIS SO HARD??? PLEASE???

"Have you two figured out what you want?" A nice woman, clearly an Irish woman, asked as she held a note pad with a pen up.

"I have, Dream?" Techno said, looking up and making eye contact with me. I swallowed hard, figuring I would get get something simple, like a steak.

"Alright, I'll start with you," she began as she turned to look at me before continuing. "What can I get chya?"

"The filet, medium-rare, with mash potatoes, and a caesar salad please," the words were hard to form. It was like my throat was dry from lack of use. Weird.

"And to drink?" She asked.

"A water please,"

"And you?" She asked Techno after scribbling on her notepad.

"Just double his order," he huffed out a laugh as the waitress smiled and scribbled more.

"Your waters should be out soon," she said as she turned and walked back to the kitchen.

"Kinda funny how I was gonna order that too," Techno said, turning to stare out the window.

"We're just on the same wavelength then," I teased, reaching my hand across the table, gently holding his. I could see a blush raise on his face as he gazed out the window.