08 | Devil's Advocate

D A M I E N

━━━━━━━━━━

Just like behind closed doors, Damien Dupont exerted dominance in everything else in his life.

People around him knew him as a very specific kind of a man; a calculated one. If something involved him, he was the first to know and the first to have input on it. Rarely did he ever give up that kind of control to someone else. Having it his way was just convenient. Why would he want to change that?

Damien was also the kind of person that needed things a specific way in order to feel satisfied. Thus the reason for taking on the job as the head director at one of the most acclaimed museums in France, it was easier for him to tell people what to do rather than be told—that was the only way things were ever going to be up to his standards.

But while making sure that his museum ran day in and day out, he still needed a break every now and then. Running a multi-million dollar museum wasn't an easy job. To be in charge of thousands of authentic pieces that were worth a fortune was a whole stressor on its own.

In came his life behind closed doors; an explicit lifestyle that not many people found themselves indulging in.

A man who craved control in every aspect of his life obviously had an interesting sex life. For Damien, it wasn't just about wrapping your hands around someone's throat and fucking the life out of them. It was about the power that both parties held and creating a certain kind of trust that only you and that person could understand.

Knowing that someone had confided in you enough to submit while begging you to ruin them in the best way—that's what gave Damien pleasure.

It took him years to reach a point where he accepted himself for what he was—a dominant who took part in sadism. Going as far as hiring a bunch of therapists and psychiatrists to help him understand why exactly he craved these kinds of things. The problem was, no one was able to give him a solid reasoning.

There hadn't been some big revelation explaining why he enjoyed inflicting pain on women and displaying dominance. Maybe it was the slight mommy issues and the lack of affection he received as a child. Maybe it had something to do with his father forcing him to grow up too early, feeding him rhetorics of what it meant to be a man.

Maybe all of it contributed in some kind of way but time and time again, no one could give him a straight-forward answer as to why he craved these things.

There was no exact way to describe what the way he was feeling as it wasn't something you could condense into a few sentences. The only thing Damien knew was that when he finally gave into his desires rather than shy away from it, he felt the voids he had been struggling to fill ever since he was a little kid, slowly disappear.

All Damien wanted was to be able to experience true passion and when it came to BDSM, it allowed him to find that. To him, there was nothing more intimate than seeing your submissive with tears running down her face, begging you for more while she was in a complete euphoric state. It gave people the opportunity to experience pure, raw emotion. This kind of lifestyle brought out an exclusive feeling that only those who partook in it, would understand.

Fulfillment.

Now at twenty-eight, he found peace in the way he was.

Although, what held Damien back from being able to entertain this lifestyle completely was his lack of attention towards his submissive, outside of the bedroom. He was a busy man, he didn't always have the time to go out on dinner dates or have romantic night-ins. For many submissives, this was something they needed to feel complete—going as far as telling him it should be written in the contracts he made them sign when they agreed to be his. However, because he could never fully commit, it always ended in them leaving.