Chapter 23

•Rogue's P.O.V.•

I shoot up in bed, "DAD!"

Maddie grabs my shoulders and looks at me with concern, "It's just a daymare."

My body is drenched in sweat and my body feels numb.

"A daymare?"

Maddie shrugs, "Yeah, it's day not night, so you had a daymare instead of a nightmare."

I give a little smile and she looks like she wants to ask me about the dream but the shrugs it off and smiles.

"How about we get ice cream and watch movie?"

I nod and slowly slip out of bed, "Let me just go shower."

She nods and I grab my pajamas, towel, hair brush and head to the bathroom.

I allow the relaxing feeling to take over my body as the water travels down every part of me. I wash my hair and scrub myself clean of the sweat.

I get dressed in my black skull pajama shorts and throw on my skull tank top. I towel my hair and put it into a braid.

I follow Maddie into the massive living room on the first floor. When I say massive, I mean MASSIVE.

It's like a cinema. There's rows of lazy boy couches behind one another and there's cupholders and plate placers between each one. I stare in awe at my surroundings and then my eyes land on the massive smart TV in the front. Holy shit!

Maddie hands me the remote, "How about you choose a movie for us and I'll get the snacks?"

I nod in reply and she smiles before leaving.

I scan through the movies and decide on watching, Pacific Rim 2.

Maddie strolls through the doors, dressed in black pajama shorts and a chucky t-shirt. She's carrying 4 huge bowls with tops and 2 slush puppies, balancing on top.

She sits down next to me and pulls out a piece of plastic that's connected to the back of the lazy boy couches and it comes down into a table. Wow.

She places the bowls down and hands me my slushy.

"Pacific Rim 2 huh?"

I smile and Maddie laughs, "Good choice, I haven't seen number 2 yet."

I gasp, "Me neither!"

We play the movie and concentrate closely.

I grab a chocolate from one bowl and lean closer. The Kaijus just made it to land and moving towards the mountain.

So far the Rangers are getting their asses kicked. One of the Rangers take control as the leaders get shot back. The leader yells at them to stop but they're taking control. They charge at the Kaiju but they don't see the attack coming. The Kaiju attacks and they're thrown through buildings.

The leader asks for a response from both pilots but the one guy is dead. I throw my chocolate at the screen, "Oh come on! You all could've taken him if you attacked from different directions at the same time!"

Maddie looks at me like I'm going crazy. I shrug and point at the TV, "It's true. If they didn't all attack it from the same direction then they would've most probably injured it badly, causing it to become weaker and then they would have an advantage."

Maddie gapes at me, "How did you think about that?"

I take the remote and rewind the movie. I point at the screen as the attack replays, "There's four of them, if they attacked from the front, back, left and right then the Kaiju wouldn't have stood a chance. It's all about caging your opponent in and making them startled. If they trapped him then he would've become startled, giving them at least 4 seconds of advantage to actually make the first move. The Kaiju would've been vonerable for at least 4 seconds. Meaning they could've ended him."

Maddie smirks and nods in approval, "I'm actually impressed."

She thinks about something then snaps her attention to me, "You're going to be in charge of the mission attacks."

I stare at her, shocked.

"Oh come on Rogue. You have a skill for battle, we could really use it."

She makes a sad pleading face and I laugh, "Okay, fine. But only if I choose what I wear."

Maddie nods and reaches her hand out for me to shake. I shake her hand and seal the deal.

We continue back to our movie but a scent interrupts me.

It smells like ocean breeze and coconuts. My favourite scent.

I turn around but there's nobody at the door.

Weird.