CHAPTER TWELVE

NO MATTER what situation I was in, I remember who I was and who was counting on me. I was a warrior. Not for me, but others. To protect them, shelter them, remind them that they weren't alone in this world. I was there, I would protect them when no one else would.

Warriors put themselves on the line for what they believe in. No matter how tough the battle is, the warrior never gives ups. They learn to endure until they overcome all the adversities facing them.

The warrior stands, ready to defend, ready to fight for those he serves. He is a warrior of virtue, A knight of conscience. He is who we all wish to be. The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him. Warriors want a worthy opponent. There is no redress in fighting the pathetic.

In life, you're going to encounter hard times at some point. This means you must be prepared to endure pain and find solutions at any moment. You must develop the mental toughness of a warrior that will enable you to face and overcome any challenge or adversity life throws at you.

Elowen told me once, "If you're a true warrior, competition doesn't scare you. It makes you better. Your courage will come from knowing you can handle whatever you encounter...You were born to do this. You're a warrior. Warriors don't give up and they don't back down. Pick up your sword, your shield, and fight."

When Willow pulled that rope, It triggered a machine that released hundreds of arrows in our direction through the windows of the garden.

Everything around me slowed down to the perfect speed for me to see every arrow.

I pulled the sword out of its sheath on my back swiftly. I swung the sword back and forth, hitting every arrow coming our way, stopping in its tracks from hitting anyone of us. The sound of the sharp metal arrows colliding with my thick metal sword filled my ears. Time for me may have slowed, but in reality, it's was all happening in a blink of an eye.

I took a step in form of a shell shocked Evander, bringing the sword up to my face, blocking the last arrow aiming for his skull.

Once I was sure no more were being fired, I swiftly turned around, "Are you guys okay? Did any hit you?"

"N-no." August squeaked, "I think you took care of that for us." All the boys nodded with dazed looks.

Willow smirked, "Gosh your cool."

I chuckled, "But seriously, is everyone okay?"

Everybody nodded. Leland walked past me and picked up one of the arrows that had dropped from the floor.

"What is it?" I asked.

He broke off the tip of the arrow by breaking it off with his knee. He handed me the arrowhead delicately. On the tip, was a piece of paper tied to it.

Our next clue. I reached out and grabbed the arrowhead. I tore the piece of paper off of the sharp rock and opened it. It felt like hours had gone by as I unfolded each flap to the paper.

Once it was fully open, I read it aloud, "Congrats on finding clue number two. Assuming that you've lived to see the next Full moon. I see your steps, I see your breath's, I see you're curious of who looks into the depths. Look up At me. Look up at me in the darkness, feel me shining with depths of the Moons lonesomeness."

×××××××××××××

Author Note!

Hi everyone, Mickey here!

Chapter twelve baby! Sorry that its super short..

Thoughts >

Predictions >

Feelings >

Random >

How is your day today? Was it bad? Good? In between?

QOTD: Tell me something that helps you from feeling lonely>

I know this is kind of random, but I was just thinking about it. Everyone has their own way of coping with a loneliness, and some people don't know how to deal with it so I thought we could share.

You don't have to if you don't want to, no pressure :)

For me, I just remember that I'm not the only one that's feels this way, you know? With the covid stuff, I don't have any social interaction. And I am a very social person, I'm sure you can see the problemmmm.

So for me I have to remember that there are thousands upon thousands of social kids that don't have the social interaction like I do, and we are all feeling the exact same.

I also remember that I got friends. I just need to pick up my phone and text them. But I'm lazy, who got time to do that? Cuz I don't. 0.5 seconds it will take for me to type a text is too much time

( please know that that is sarcasm)^^