Drill

Walking towards the school field with my friends, it was a Saturday morning and we have our early morning  drill. I wore my leggings with an oversized sweater which has the large cheery picture of Olaf in the front of the sweater.

I love that character!

As soon as we got to the field, we discovered it was taken over by the boys, my eye brows furrowed in confusion.

"What is going on?" I asked no one in particular.

"Seems the football team is having a practice "

"Why are we here then?" I asked walking further towards the bleachers.

"The principal announced it yesterday at the morning assembly, remember?" Tomi asked.

"I wasn't paying accurate attention" I shrugged as she rolled her eyes.

"It is towards the upcoming inter house sport which is happening next month"

"We are having a game next month?" I asked looking surprised.

"Yeah, and a big one at that" my mouth formed an 'O' at her words. "Guess who is running up to you?" She nudged me as I look towards the field.

Shubomi jogged towards me wearing his sporting gear.

"Good morning"

"Good morning" I chirped staying back as my friends continue their walk.

His eyes runs through my outfit as he stops in front of me.

"Is that what you are wearing for the drill?" He asked placing his hands around his waist.

"No, i just wear this due to the cold, will remove it once we start" he nods, his eyes rest on my chest area before smirking.

"Cute outfit" he teased.

"Don't make fun of my Olaf!" I snap at him as he chuckled.

"Seriously? Olaf? What are you? Five?"

"I don't care what you call it, he is one of my favourite characters so just let it go" he raised an eyebrow at my words "no pun intended and how did you know him?"

"Am not living in a cave Teni, i may have not watched it but there was a lot of hype on the movie and it's not a him but an it, it's a snowman for goodness sake"

"What?! Frozen is one of the best cartoon movies out there! Don't worry am going to make you watch it one of this days" I grin.

"Am not going to argue on that with you... Can you stay and watch me during practice? Please?" He pouts.

                   ⚽️ 💫 👕

"Seems things are going on well between you guys" Adeola said from beside me as we watch the football team have their practice.

"Why did you say that?" I asked not taking my eyes off a particular person.

"You don't scream at each other like before and he looks really happy, very happy"

"Yeah, he is mad about you... , and the lion fell in love with the lamb" she said with a contended smile.

I turn to look at her in amusement.

"Did you just quote 'Twilight'?"

"I did, you are Bella, Shubomi is Edward" she grinned.

"So who is Jacob?" I asked, they both stared at each other before answering simultaneously.

"Femi" I groaned at their words.

"You are both crazy" I muttered.

"Enough with comparing Shubbie with ancient freaks who dwell solely on blood to survive. We should talk about the coming inter house sport".  Adeola pointed out.