The Past

We all have pasts which we do reflect on at times, some good, others bad... We reflect on this memories to see how far we have come or sometimes it could draw us back to the starting point again.

Every one has a past, we may love it or we may not be proud of it but it makes use stronger, it makes us who we are gives us experiences that we love and hate.

I watch Tomi as she sat on her bed looking sullen, i told the junior girls to excuse us from the room cause I knew she was in a bad mood and I knew it has got something to do with her encounter with the head boy this morning.

"He apologized.. " she said out of the blue.

"Excuse me?... " I asked in confusion.

"He apologized, he told me he was sorry for hurting me.. It has been years Teni, his apology doesn't count anymore" she muttered.

When she looked up, her eyes were laced with unshed tears, i quickly stood up, sitting down next to her as I wrap my arms around her, she sniffs loudly.

"And did you forgive him?" I asked even though I never knew what happened between those two.

"No.. I couldn't bring myself to. It is so hard, and I felt like a bad person" she sobs.

Whatever happened between these two must have been bad, Ewatomi can be very vulnerable at times so what ever it is that might have happened, it must have really hurt her.

"Can you tell me what happened?"

"It's a long story" she said, wiping the tears away with her hand.

"Okay" I stayed silent, waiting for her to get herself together.

"He did something that hurt me, he came asking for forgiveness"

"And you forgive him?"

"I don't know if I should" we stayed quiet after that. "I was the odd one when I first started this school, everyone was well to do due to their family fortune while I was the pauper we came here on scholarship"

I give her all my rapt attention.

"I'm all ears"

"Olatokunbo was my first friend when I got here in JSS 1,I was good friends with the guys back then"

"Are you for real?" I asked with my mouth opened.

"Yes, we were not that close but we still talk, even Adeola and I exchange a few hello whenever we bump into each other but Shubbie was still scary as always" she laughs at her words in which I join her.

"So... What happened?" I pestered which made her sigh as her eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Honestly... I don't know, i just started realizing we were falling out. I noticed he was avoiding me along with others expect Femi of course, he has always seen me as the little sister he needs to protect. Things started getting bad when Henrietta came into the picture"

"You got to be kidding me, she has always been like that?" I asked.

"Yes she has, she has been eyeing Shubomi all along, right from junior class.. she knows he carries a lot of wealth and power on his shoulder... No one knew who she was, she was just like every other spoilt rich SJC student, she was part of the crowd but everything changed when we got into JSS 3"

"Henrietta is indeed a fascinating character" I murmured.

"There is nothing fascinating about that girl, she is made from hell." She said with a lot of anger in her voice while I quickly nodded. "Something happened in our JSS 3 that could have caused me my future in SJC and when I needed help, no one turned up to help"