𝐒𝐨𝐮𝐥 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐒𝐨𝐮𝐥

Pairings: Technoblade x Reader
Warnings: Death, injury
Pronouns: They/Them
AU: Marvel

——————————

(Y/n) looked over the cliff and down at the ground that looked to be miles away from their point of view. They felt shivers travel right down their spine as they felt the wind blow against their suit. It felt like the ground just kept getting further and further away the more that they looked at it.

"To retrieve the stone... You must lose that of which you love." The voice uttered again. It just kept ringing in their head like a sore tune. They just couldn't shake the thought from their mind. It was like poison to the brain.

The words felt painful to hear. Just the constant uttering and reminder in their head that they may not be able to wiggle out of this situation in one piece. What could they even possibly love? I mean, there is that birthday present they got from a friend like- seven years ago, but why would they trade that for the gem?

Technoblade huffed, his hands clenched into fists as he stared down at the rocky ground. He took one look at the floating being that was wandering around the area before shooting his glance back at (Y/n), getting up to go talk to them.

"You know," (Y/n) began, whispering over to Technoblade. "I reckon if we just pick a good enough time, we could just jump that guy." They suggested, shrugging their shoulders.

"Have you seen that man?" Technoblade gave them a concerned look. "The thing floats. I wouldn't be surprised if he was part ghost too."

"It's whatever, we've faced bigger challenges before." (Y/n) answered back. "We took on like- twenty people all at once before."

"Yeah, (Y/n). Mortals. That guy doesn't even look like he has legs. It's like he flew straight out of hell." He rolled his eyes. "I don't think we should fight him."

"You don't?" They arched a brow.

"No. For once, I don't think violence is the answer."

"Woah." (Y/n) seemed very taken aback. "Who are you and what have you done with my friend?" They chuckled.

"I'm just sayin'. Violence isn't gonna help us here."

"That's a very strange response coming from you, Techno." (Y/n) muttered beneath their breath as they turned to look out into the distance. "I thought that violence was always the key to everything."

"I'm switchin' up because this is serious, (Y/n/n)." Technoblade reminded them sternly.

"I don't like being serious... I like stabbing people." They murmured. "Why couldn't they send us out on a fun mission- Like collecting the space stone?"

"(Y/n)-"

"-Or the reality stone! I've always wanted to go to Asgard-" They twirled around at the possibilities that they were exposed to but didn't take because they were assigned this particular role.

"(Y/n)!" Techno exclaimed, causing (Y/n)'s body to snap back around to look at Technoblade.

"Huh?"

"Stop daydreamin' and focus!" He sighed, pinching his skin as he winced. (Y/n) rolled their eyes and scoffed.

"Well, it's hard to keep your head in the game when we're literally stuck on a cliff in the middle of nowhere, Techno!" Their hands stretched out to show him the plain of nothingness that surrounded them. "We're lost!"