Chapter 27

Author's Note: This chapter was so hard to write I actually teared up a little. I wanted to do a longer goodbye scene but my heart just couldn't take it. Also, I know Aaron is written a little out-of-character so just bear with me.

____________________

You're chugging wine directly from the bottle and taping boxes shut when there's a knock on your door.

Yes, my Chinese.

You yank the door open eagerly, surprised to see the BAU members, minus Aaron, on the other side.

"What are you guys doing here? Not that I'm not happy to see you." You quickly add.

Rossi chuckles. "Did you really think we'd let you leave without a proper send-off? We're here to celebrate our time with you and toast to your new adventure."

A warmth floods your heart and you find yourself fighting tears. "Aww, guys, you shouldn't have."

You usher everyone inside with hugs, pausing when JJ steps in the doorway.

She hesitates, looking contrite. "Y/N-"

You cut her off with a wave of your hand. "It's okay. I'm glad you're here."

She rests her hand on your arm, shaking her head slightly. "Please, let me say how sorry I am. You needed me to talk to you as your friend, not a mother. And as your friend, I'm going to miss you so much, but if you're happy, then I'm going to be happy for you."

She holds out her arms hopefully and you hug her tightly, grateful for her apology.

Derek fishes your stereo out of a box and connects his phone via Bluetooth. "Let's get this party started!"

"Yesss!" Penelope cheers in agreement, shoving bags in your direction. "I picked up snacks."

Derek and Spencer shove your coffee table to the side, making an area to dance while Rossi instructs you and Penelope on how to lay out the small feast she brought. JJ and Emily busy themselves with making mixed drinks for everyone.

You sip on the drink JJ passes you, smiling wistfully as you glance around the room at your friends. I'm going to miss this so much. How can I ever leave them behind?

Your food arrives and you pay Cho one last time before hugging him, much to his embarrassment. He's scarlet red by the time he leaves, mumbling that you were his favorite customer.

Penelope pulls you to the middle of your living room and you chug your drink before letting the music sweep over you, throwing your hands in the air and dancing wildly.

After an hour or so everyone slows down and you're all sprawled around the room while the gang tells their favorite stories about you. Derek is in the middle of recanting how you showed up an asshole as the shooting range when there's another knock at the door.

"Did you guys invite other people? I'm not expecting anybody."

"I got it." Spencer clambers to his feet and jogs to the door. "Oh hey Hotch, we thought you weren't going to make it tonight."

"I didn't know there...didn't know people were here."

"We're having a send-off for Y/N, remember? You told Emily you'd tried to come?"

"Where's Y/N?"

"I'm right here, Aaron." You rise to your feet and hurry to the door to greet him, stopping in your tracks when your gaze meets his.

His hair is a mess and his eyes are practically bloodshot. He looks awful.

Rossi approaches from behind you. "Jesus, Aaron, you look like hell. Are you alright?"