sixteen

16. The House Guest

Aria gasped and opened her eyes in shock, looking around confused when she realised she was near a lake, a very beautiful lake.

"This was our favorite place to come whenever we wanted to be alone" Kol said, walking over to a confused Aria, "Whenever we wanted some time alone, away from prying eyes, we always used to come here".

"How are you showing me this?" Aria asked confused.

"Honestly? I have no idea" Kol confessed, "The last time we met in that dark room, I remember wishing we had met here instead, and looks like my wish came through".

"So you just thought about this place, and now we are here?" Aria asked.

"Pretty much" Kol replied, "It's the perfect place to talk about whatever's bothering you".

"I don't know what you're talking about" Aria said, sitting down on the grass and staring at the beautiful lake infront of her, she figured why this was her and Kol's favorite place, it was so peaceful and beautiful.

"You can't lie me to Ariana, I always know" Kol said, sitting next to Aria.

"Great, another vampire who can read me like a open book" Aria mumbled, throwing stones into the lake, "If I tell you what's bothering me, then you will hate me".

"I can never hate you" Kol said.

"Even if I tell you my so called friends daggered your brother Elijah, and I couldn't stop them" Aria said.

"What?" Kol asked confused.

Aria sighed, she knew there was no point in hiding what happened from Kol, specially when it seemed that he knew whenever she was lying, so Aria went on to tell Kol how despite her warning them, three of her friends daggered Elijah behind her back, and made it so that Aria couldn't remove the dagger.

"You realise your a witch too, right?" Kol asked, "You could always do a spell that overwrites your friends spell".

"I can't, I'm not strong enough" Aria said, slightly ashamed.

Kol smiled, "Oh you have no idea how wrong you are, you are the strongest witch there is, not only are you the first Connor witch but right now, you're also the last, you have so much power running through you, which if you don't learn to control, it could lead you to a horrible disaster".

"You say this, but I haven't felt powerful, even with magic, I feel so useless" Aria said, "Every time I'm in trouble Damon has to save me cause I am not strong enough to save myself, even now, Damon and Caroline, my best friend, they are doing everything in their power to save me from the sacrifice, but I am not doing anything, because I can't do anything, even though I so want to live".

"Sacrifice?" Kol asked confused.

"Yeah, the sun and moon curse, the one Klaus wants to break" Aria informed.

Kol looked at Aria and opened his mouth to say something, but decided against it, this wasn't the right time to tell her.

"Klaus can't break the curse without a doppelganger" Kol said, "And after he killed all of Katherine's family, there is no chance of a doppelganger appearing again".