Chapter 10: Testing the Irish mob

"He looked like a devil but his touch reminded her of an angel

"He looked like a devil but his touch reminded her of an angel."

"He should be the only one she sees whether be it in dreams or nightmares

"He should be the only one she sees whether be it in dreams or nightmares."

Serenity jumped back, her doe eyes startled with surprised as she looked up but it quickly dissipated into trepidation and fright once she realized who she had bumped into. Why? Why her? What sin had she committed in her past life that the big man above was hell bent on punishing her? She quickly stepped back a good five feet away from him. The situation was making her feel nauseous, perhaps the disquietude atmosphere was provoking her inner Usain Bolt to run for her life. And him still digging his eyes onto her head wasn't helping either.

"I-I'm s-so-"

"WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS!" Alessandro roared, latching onto her arm and pulling her onto his hard muscled chest. Serenity flinched, shutting her eyes in fear. Low whimpers escaped her mouth as she desperately tried to control her watery eyes. He terrified her a lot. A harsh grip tugged on her chin and forced her face to her right side so her left cheek was exposed to his enraged eyes. 

It was a small swell and bluish impact however it didn't miss the devil's wrathful gaze. Serenity gasped at the darkening of his eyes, they appeared to be maddening pitch black instead of his usual midnight blue. Her senses of reasoning had almost left her and she was convinced that it would be her last day on earth. However, the light stroke of his calloused fingers on her delectably soft skin brought her back to shocking reality. Her wet lashes fluttered open as she quietly peeked at him, her heart clenched in apprehension. His eyes were still demonic and his jaw's clenched tight, but his strokes were undeniably tender as if he was touching a fragile porcelain doll. 

Alessandro continued stroking her left cheek with slow lingering caresses until he felt her heart beat calming down to a certain extent. He was aware of the terror he had imposed on her unknowingly and it wasn't something he could control but he could definitely bring down her agitated heartbeat, like he did just now. Once he was sure, her breathings had returned to her normal pace, he leaned and placed a soft kiss on her swollen cheek. Serenity's breath hitched as she looked up at him wide-eyed.