Chapter Eleven

Rose and The Doctor hated keeping secret but it's for the best for eachother they have a quick kiss before heading back to the room full of guests. They walking back and let go of each other hand before others see it.

The Doctor: Indubitably, this is the bad-move scenario. I find the inherent laxity of the ongoing... That wasn't a gravity pocket. They don't feel like that. What do you think, Jabe? Listen to the engines. They've pitched up about 30 Hertz.

Jabe: It's the sound of metal. It doesn't make sense to me.

The Doctor: Where's the engine room?

Jabe: I don't know. The maintenance duct is behind our suite. I could show you and...your wife.

The Doctor: She's not my wife.

Jabe: Partner?

The Doctor: No.

Jabe: Concubine?

The Doctor: No.

Jabe: Prostitute?

Rose: Whatever I am, it must be invisible! You two go and pollinate. I'll catch up with the family. Word with Michael Jackson.

Rose walks away and Doctor shouted to Rose saying

The Doctor: Don't start a fight.  He turns to Jabe saying I'm all yours.

Rose: And I want you home by midnight.

Rose walks away and Jabe follows the doctor.

The Doctor: Who's in charge of Platform One? Is there a captain?

Jabe: Just the steward and the staff. The rest is controlled by the metal mind.

The Doctor: The computer? Who controls that?

Jabe: The corporation. They move Platform One from one artistic event to another.

The Doctor: But no one from the corporation is on board?

Jabe: They're not needed. This facility is purely automatic. Nothing can go wrong.

The Doctor: Unsinkable?

Jabe: If you like. The nautical metaphor is appropriate.

The Doctor: I was on board another ship they said was unsinkable. I ended up clinging to an iceberg. So if we get in trouble, there's no one to help us out?

Jabe: I'm afraid not.

The Doctor: Fantastic.

Jabe: I don't understand in what way is that fantastic?

Rose is talking Cassandra

Cassandra: Soon the Sun will blossom into a red giant and my home will die. That's where I used to live when I was a little boy. Mummy and Daddy had a house built into the side of the Los Angeles crevasse. I'd have such fun.

Rose: What happened to the human race? Where did it go?

Cassandra: They say mankind has touched every star in the sky.

Rose: So you're not the last human?

Cassandra: I am the last pure human. The others mingled. They call themselves new, proto-humans, digi-humans, even human-ish, but do you know what I call them? Mongrels.

Rose: Right. And you stayed behind.

Cassandra: I kept myself pure.

Rose: How many operations have you had?

Cassandra: 708. Next week it's 709. I'm having my blood bleached. Is that why you wanted a word? You could be flatter. You've got a bit of a chin poking out.

Rose: I'd rather die.

Cassandra: It doesn't hurt.

Rose: No, I mean it. I would rather die. It's better to die than live like you - a bitchy trampoline.

Cassandra: What do you know?

Rose: I was born on that planet and so was my mum and dad and that makes me the last human being. You're not human. You've had it all flattened until there's nothing left. Anything human got chucked in the bin. You're just skin Cassandra. Lipstick and skin. Nice talking.

Rose walked away from Cassandra she upset Rose so bad it broke her.