CHAPTER 4 | A GLASS OF DRINK

A GLASS OF DRINK | 04

“Aren’t you gonna give me a good bye kiss today, sunflower?”

June continued to mumble the spell for protection array. He watched Seth fly next to him, from the corner of his eyes.

Surprisingly Seth did nothing to him and silently watched June who continued to cast the protection array.

When June was done, he looked at Seth.

“Goodbye,” he flatly said and started flying away.

“I wonder why demon’s are given wings if we aren’t allowed to fly much higher than angels,” Seth loudly spoke, as he flew behind June.

June stopped flying and looked back at Seth.

“You should visit something called library. Don’t hell have one?”

“I don’t like reading,” Seth grinned.

“I figured,” June said with an eye roll.

“Why don’t you tell me?” Seth asked as he flew next to June.

“What are you up to?” June asked. His eyes narrowing as he scrunched up his nose and threw a skeptical look at Seth.

“A talk along with a glass of wine,” Seth grinned.

June pursed his lips, looking at Seth with doubtful eyes. Seth waited patiently smiling at June. June finally figured it would be a good chance to get closer to Seth.

“Fine,” he agreed.

Seth grinned and started flying downward.

“Take your human form. Let’s go to my house.”

“If you do anything funny—”

Seth laughed. The wind was pushing back his long hair behind as he flew.

“Sunflower, as much as I would love to do things with you as I pin you against a bed or a wall or a windo—”

“Shut up!” June roared.

Seth released another happy laugh.

“I promise, I won’t do anything funny.” He promised.

June didn’t believe him. He wanted to be close to Seth to complete his mission  but June didn’t knew Seth's reason for inviting him.

As both of them landed on their feet. Their wings, halo and horns had disappeared. They looked like normal humans.

June tried to catch up Seth’s long strides but his short legs were hardly useful.

Seth noticed, June lagging behind and chuckled to himself before slowing down.

They walked side by side towards the building. June immediately noticed the way the reception lady acted when she saw Seth.

“Seems like someone has a crush.” He remarked.

“It’s unstoppable since I am so charming,” Seth said with a wink.

June rolled his eyes.

Coral was standing in front of the lift waiting for the door to open when Seth and June reached there.

“Hello, Coral,” Seth greeted.

Coral looked at Seth and immediately smiled as her cheeks turned rosy.

“Hello Seth,” She shyly said.

“This is my friend June,” Seth introduced him.

June looked like he wanted to strongly deny being friends with Seth but he smiled and held is hands out to shake.

“June Weng,” he introduced.

“Coral,” she said and smiled. They both shook hands and June tried hard to ignore Seth’s burning gaze on him.

Seth had heard about June a century ago. Rumors had spread that a sunflower angel had fallen in love with a human and was punished for it. Demons including him had laughed at the silly angel they never saw.

Seth wanted to know how June would react on seeing the girl he fell in love with, in flesh. He was somehow relieved as well as worried at the lack of reactions from June upon meeting Coral.

They got the lift together and made small talks. They said goodbyes when the lift stopped at their floor.

“You were surprisingly calm in front of her,” Seth said. He opened his apartment door.

“I told you, I don’t love her anymore,” June flatly said. He walked inside the apartment.

June was surprised to see that the apartment was clean. The large window reached the ceiling and the floor giving the view of the night city. Even though the house was clean and beautiful, it lacked warmth.

“Don’t you have any photos?” June asked.

“This is a temporary house,” June heard Seth say, “I don’t want to decorate it.”

June nodded and sat on the cream colored couch and looked at Seth who was heading towards the mini bar.

“What do you want to drink?” Seth asked.

June shrugged.

“Anything will do.”

“You aren’t quite smart to trust a demon,” Seth mused as he took out some ice cubes.

“I know you won’t poison me to death,” June said.

Seth laughed, “How are you so sure?”

June turned half of his body to look at Seth and smirked. Seth somehow felt like June was copying his usual smirks.

“Because you want to fuck me.”

Seth blinked I’m surprise before he bust out laughing, at June’s words. June was grinning widely and for a moment everything stopped for Seth.

The smile never left Seth’s lips as shook his head at June. He got out some bottles from his oldest wine collection.

“True.” He agreed.

[Male lead’s favorability rate 10+ current favorability rating 20%]

They shared a moment. ( ꈍᴗꈍ)

My playlist is on shuffle. It is playing Lauv's I Like Me Better. Man, I was so in love with this song last year, Keke.