prologue

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

IT WAS A SLOW DAY at the bakery. A very slow day at that and Miyamura was bored out of his mind. It was unusual for the bakery to have a few customers, especially today since there's a flower viewing festival at the park.

Miyamura lays his head on the counter, earbuds plugged and humming softly to the tune played from his phone. He was so out of it and into the music that he didn't notice the ring of the bell and a girl enterings the shop. She momentarily took notice of the boy on the counter and continued her way picking up bread from the shelves and placing it on the tray.

Miyamura still has yet to notice the presence lingering around the room. He continued laying there for another song and the moment the chorus played in his earbuds, there was a tap on his shoulder, making him jolt and pull out his earbuds. He was greeted by a girl with a kind smile.

"I didn't want to wake you up 'coz you seem tired. But I have to get these back to the park."

He quickly took the tray and started placing the pastries in little plastic bags. "Y-yeah, of course! Sorry, I'll wrap this up quick for you."

"No worries. We already saved up a spot, so I'm not in a rush. Oh, can I please get one of your chocolate cakes?" A wave of relief washed over him, and he only nodded in reply as he continues his work.

"I'm very sorry again, by the way. I really shouldn't be sleeping during work."

"It's fine, I get it. I usually sleep anywhere when no one's around either. But yeah, you should probably refrain from doing that while at work."

"Yeah, that would be best." He mumbled.

Everything fell into silence once again. As Miyamura punched in the numbers and counted the change in his hands, the bell from the entrance rings again. A little girl, who seemed like her younger sibling, was a panting mess.

"Nee-san hurry up! Dad's almost there! Haru-nii couldn't slow him down!"

"Ah shit! Okay uh, you get these and run back to the park! I'll carry the cake. Try to slow him down until I get there!"

"Roger that! See you there!" Her younger sister dashes off, the plastic bag filled with cream puffs, melon bread, and chocolate shaking in the plastic bag she carried.

In a frantic state, Y/n quickly takes the cake from Miyamura's hands. "I'm sorry, you can keep the change. It was nice seeing you Miyamura-kun. Thank you!" And pushing through the doors, she runs off as well.

His blue eyes followed her, eyes wide in surprise. She knew him. She recognized him. If so, then who was she? These questions raced in Miyamura's mind. Yet, that face. He definitely knew he saw her before, he just can't remember where.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

eyoooo post-ari here!! to everyone who has been anticipating the release of this story, i know i said in the recent chapter that i'll be posting Chapter 1 by april or may, i'm sorry y'all but there's been a setback (;'ٹ')

i posted an announcement on my conversation board on why there's been a setback. y'all can stab me for giving ur hopes up i'm fine with that. but yea i'm rlly sorry guys!

good news tho: chapter 1 is currently being proofread by my friend so hopefully i'll be able to publish this week ♡︎

anywaaay, go vote ya simp.