🌻Chapter 2

🌻

Gulf worked for the planning department of a trading company. He had been on an emergency business trip to England upon the request of the international sales department of a subsidiary in that country. The clients would be discussing the deal in English and Arabic, so they needed someone proficient in those two languages, someone they could trust. They'd picked Gulf.

He had boarded a plane the day after he received the summons, so it was clear now how urgent the deal was.

He didn't mind the flight, which was more than 10 hours long. He just relaxed, watching movies and reading, and in no time, he was in London.

He'd been told that someone from the sales department would be coming to meet him at the airport, and so he had waited at the lobby.

While waiting, a man had called out his name.

"Mr. Kanawut?"

The man had shown Gulf a company I.D. (his name was Seo, so Gulf had followed him to a limousine. Gulf had thought it's odd that Seo had come to pick him up in such a nice car. He probably should have been more cautious, but at Seo's polite urging, he'd quietly slid into the back seat.

He never expected to see the man who was waiting inside.

The man had smiled at him, a champagne glass in one hand. "It's been too long," he'd greeted.

Gulf had been overwhelmed. All he could do was gape.

"Aren't you going to say something?" the man had prompted.

Gulf had remained silent.

"It's been six years," the man had siad.

Astonished, confused, Gulf had felt goosebumps prickling his skin under the man's direct stare. He tried to say the man's name, but he couldn't speak. He could only mouth one word: Why?

"I've come to get you, just as I promised faridat," the man had explained.

Gulf had been mesmerized by the man's seductive smile.

The man had grabbed Gulf's arms and pulled him close. By the time the approach of the man's lips had brought Gulf back to his senses and he had begun to struggle, it had been too late.

A handkerchief had been pressed to his mouth and he'd been trapped under a sheet by a man's weight. He'd struggled to escape, but only briefly. His vision had clouded over and his mind had grown fuzzy, and then he'd blacked out.

TBC