09 | Lust Me Right

V E R A

━━━━━━━━━━

Sitting in front of my mirror and looking at myself, the only thing I could notice was how sleep deprived I looked.

I hadn't slept more than two hours last night as all I could think about was the fact that Damien wanted to have a conversation with me. Having to be at work in less than an hour, I showered and quickly got ready before heading out the door and to the museum.

As the cab pulled up to the front of the museum steps, I paid my fare and got out, straightening out my clothes before walking up.

Reaching the top, Cordelia had been standing at the entrance with a smile on her face.

"You're back!" I exclaimed, running up to her and kissing her on the cheek.

"After being surrounded by misogynistic, uptight businessmen for the past two weeks, I'm finally glad to be back in your presence, ma chérie." [my darling]

"Aside from the barbaric men you've experienced, you'll have to tell me all about Toulouse. I'd love to travel outside of Paris whenever I'm not so busy." I confessed, giving her a smile.

Cordelia and I then spent the next ten minutes catching up—talking about the exhibit I was in charge of, the few one-night stands she had while she was away, and the fact that Nicolas had been helping me while both her and Damien were gone.

I wanted so desperately to tell her about the events that took place between Damien and I but was afraid of how she'd react if she found out that I had crossed a line with him not once, but twice. So I decided on keeping my mouth shut for now.

Glancing at my phone, I mentally cursed myself as I was supposed to be in his office ten minutes ago. Looking back up at Cordelia, I cut her off as she was ranting about some Italian man she had slept with while in Toulouse.

"I'm so sorry, I was supposed to be in a meeting with Mr. Dupont about ten minutes ago," I said, leaving her side and hurriedly walking towards the spiral staircase. "Let's finish our conversation over dinner tonight, promise!"

As I walked down the long corridor that led to his office, I was already making up stories in my head on how he'd react to me being late to a meeting he ordered me to be on time for.

Would he punish me?

Slightly aroused, I wiped the thought from my head as I reached his door and knocked.

"Come in." He replied, a part of me sensing a slight tone of irritation in his voice. Maybe I was just hearing things.

Walking into the room, there he was, leaning against the front of his desk with his arms crossed. The unruly looking man from yesterday was replaced with a kept one. His grown out hair had been cut as well as his facial hair being trimmed. The new man standing in front of me oozed seduction.

"Miss Adams, I'm pretty sure I told you to be in here the minute you start work," He reprimanded, checking his watch. "Sit."

Following his orders, I sat in the chair closest to where he was standing. As I crossed my legs, I noticed my skirt ride up, revealing my garter stockings. Knowing that there was a possibility that seeing this would rile him up, I kept my legs still.

Good Morning, Mr. Dupont.

"I don't know what you're doing but don't think for a second, that I'm not keeping track of this." He asserted, putting me in my place.

Despite a slight frown spreading across my face, the thoughts in my head presented differently. For a split second, I debated riling him up even more to get another reaction out of him. What was he keeping track of and why was he keeping track of it? Would he use this against me?