Chapter 21: A New Mission

Link and Midna found Zelda waiting outside Gerudo Town, where she was conversing with Chief Urbosa.

"My oh my!" Urbosa exclaimed "I can't believe dear Zelda is alright! For all these years I thought you were killed as a baby during the Royal Massacre!"

"Impa has raised me in the Sheikah Settlement of New Kakariko, out in Necluda" Zelda explained "I've lived with her and Paya as long as long as I can remember"

"Well, I'm sure it is nice to get out!" Urbosa exclaimed "And you say you met Revali in Rito Village? He used to be a bit of a jerk, but at least he's alright"

"What of the other Champions?" Zelda asked Urbosa

"After seeing the horrible sight of the mangled corpses in the Royal Dining Hall" Urbosa squeezed her fist "Impa immediately got the four of us champions and took us to see what happened. After seeing what they did to our best comrade, Link, we all swore revenge"

"What after that?"

"Agahnim corrupted the soldiers and the Yiga Clan instantly took control of Hyrule. Us Champions all fled and have lived under secret protection"

"Okay" Zelda replied "You all must've been pretty devastated when you saw what had happened to the Hylian Champion Link"

"Yes" Urbosa replied "Mipha and Daruk especially"

"Well, I have someone you might want to meet"

Zelda and Urbosa turned around, and Midna and Link were there

"Link?" Urbosa looked over at the Hero clothed in green "You're.....alive?"

"Kind of" Link sighed "I am some kind of reincarnation of the Link you knew, basically the exact same as him but different memories"

"Oh" Urbosa said "Well, I'm glad you're.... here. I'm sure the others would be overjoyed to see you"

"Yes" Link replied "Now I'm the Hero of Hyrule"

"Hero of Hyrule?" Midna asked "You never said that!"

"Guess it slipped my mind" Link shrugged

"Urbosa?" Link asked "Can you and your troops see if you can capture Zant and his Shadow forces?"

"We could try" Urbosa said "But we're far too busy with the Molduga terrorizing the Gerudo, in fact, I hear its cry in the distance right now"

"We can take care of it" Link looked over at Zelda and Midna

"Who's this?" Zelda pointed at Midna

"Former ruler of the Twilight Realm at your service" Midna smiled "I'm a Twili who was kicked off my throne by Zant, the Usurper King"

"Okay" Zelda replied "So, what's the plan"

"My troops and I go to the Arbiter's Grounds from the back entrance of Gerudo Town" Urbosa explained "And you guys take care of the Molduga"

"How are we supposed to fight a Molduga?" Link asked

"Yeah" Zelda agreed "Aren't they giant whales or something?"

"Sand worms" Urbosa replied "You stand on top of a pillar where they can't get you, and throw a bomb into their mouth once they come out of the sand"

"Okay" Zelda replied

"Where do we get the bombs from?" Midna asked

"The Gerudo Town Shop" Urbosa said, and she walked away to recruit her troops

"Well, I got plenty of rupees" Link smiled

Midna grabbed Link's wallet of rupees, and she headed into town to get the Bombs, Link being unable to go into town as males are not allowed in Gerudo Town.

"It's coming..." Zelda pointed as the Molduga began swimming through the sand toward Gerudo Town.

The Molduga launched itself out of the sand, roaring in rage as its gigantic mouth failed to catch a meal.

Just as Link and Zelda sighed in relief, the Molduga struck again, this time catching an unsuspecting Sand-Seal.

"No!" Zelda yelped "The poor thing, just gobbled up!"

"Oh, when is Midna gonna get back here with those Bombs!"

Midna got back with the bombs, and tossed some over to Link.

"Hurry!" Zelda shouted

Link placed a bomb on the ground, and he, Zelda, and Midna dashed away while the Molduga swam closer.

It jumped up into the air, and swallowed the Bomb.

The bomb soon went off, and exploded inside the Molduga's mouth, causing the beast to fall to the ground, stunned.

Link dashed back over to the Molduga, and slashed its think skin with his Knight's Broadsword while Zelda and Midna attacked as well.

With enough hits, the Molduga was dead.

"Well, problem solved" Midna sighed

"Good job!" Urbosa said as she arrived

"I thought you were hunting Zant with your troops!" Zelda said

"You didn't tell us Zant leveled the entire compound of Arbiter's Grounds" Urbosa sighed "I'm afraid Zant has outsmarted us"

"Okay" Zelda said "I guess me and Link will be heading for Necluda"

"I'll be staying here in Gerudo" Midna said

"Wait!" Urbosa said "I need you two to get something for me"

"What is it?" Link asked

"The Thunder Helm!" Urbosa exclaimed "The Yiga Clan stole it, and are keeping it in their secret hideout up in the Gerudo Highlands. It is an ancient Gerudo treasure, and we need it badly to battle our enemies"

"Okay" Zelda replied "We can get it, and Link has a Snowquill Tunic to survive the freezing temperatures up there. I have a spare coat too"

"Bye Little Bird" Urbosa said

"Little Bird?" Zelda asked

"Little Bird" Urbosa replied "That's the nickname your mother called you last time we met"

"Bye Urbosa"

Link and Zelda waved at Midna and Urbosa as they left the Desert.