Chapter 6

I don't own Blue Exorcist or LotR.

---

Heading back down the mountain was just as bad as going up, if not worse. Rin basically cuddled the Hobbits the entire way down, and when the pass was large enough, had Kuro grow to carry them. To say Rin was relieved when they made it down was an understatement. Both he and Kuro basked in the sunlight, much to the amusement of the others.

He was lying on a sunwarmed rock, watching the Hobbits practice their swordplay.

"How do you make your fire?"

He flopped over to see Legolas staring down at him curiously. He blushed and sat up, sitting cross-legged next to the elf.

"Umm, it's kind of a family thing." There. Vague, but still an answer.

The elf nodded, understanding in his eyes as he asked, "Is that why your ears are similar to elves?"

Rin's eyes widened, then he oh'ed. "Are you the one that told Elrond?"

The Prince nodded.

And... I'm not even annoyed.

"Wow, I wonder why." He saw Kuro roll his eyes.

?

He readjusted his headband out of habit, and turned back to the elf after having looked at Kuro during their impromptu conversation. Legolas was staring at the Hobbits, something that looked like regret on his face. "They are too young."

Rin looked at Merry and Pippin who were laughing as they wrestled, having dropped their swords. Merry is what, 38?

"37."

He looked back at Legolas.

"Rin elves are immortal." Kuro deadpanned.

The Mirkwood Prince noticed Rin's attention. "Yes?"

"How old are you?" Rin blurted out before his brain could sensor his words.

Rin was now very embarrassed.

A smile flashed across the elf's face. "2, 931."

Rin ... nodded. He was now determined not to suffer anymore during this conversation.

"My half-brothers are older." Why. Why do I even speak.

The elf raised a brow. "Are they."

"Your brain filter needs replacing, Rin."

---

"The walls... of Moria!" Gimli announced.

Rin gaped up at the huge cliffs.

I want to climb it so bad.

"No, Rin."

---

Gandalf had decided that the only thing keeping Rin Okumura alive was his cat.

---

Rin walked near Aragorn in the back, having just finished carrying the Hobbits in turns.

"You have experience fighting." The ranger stated.

Rin nodded, rubbing the back of his neck. "Yeah, I do."

"Do you mind if I ask why? You don't look to be more than 17 years of age, if I had to guess, yet you fought the Nazgûl without hesitation."

The half-demon frowned. I'm twenty.