♠ 39

"I love this possessive wildcat!"
"And I love this cute monster.."

Next morning, Nandini is doing her pooja when Manik enters the room

Nandini turns to him with the plate of aarti forwarding him indicating him to take the aarti.

"Nandini.. I don't have any time for this right now. I am leaving.." Manik said leaving.

"Manik.." Nandini said in a strict tone.

Manik sighs. "Okay.. don't be angry.. I am taking it.." Manik takes the aarti. Nandini smiles at him and then he starts leaving again.

Nandini comes forward to hug him but Manik moves back. Nandini frowns. "What happened? Everytime you are so ready for hugs and when today I am hugging you.. You are going away.."

"If you will touch me.. you won't let me do my work.." Manik said and then bits his tongue on what he said. "I mean then you will be distracted na.. So you continue, I'm leaving right now.." And he leaves from the room leaving a confused Nandini behind.

It's Raksha Bandhan today. Everyone are in the hall for performing the festive ritual. After waiting for sometime, everyone arrives.

"Manik.. Meera?" Nandini asked not seeing Meera.

Before Manik could speak Meera enters. Everyone smiles looking at her. Nandini moves forward to hug Meera but she stops herself.

Meera smiles and hugs Nandini. She remains stunned for a while by her behaviour. "What happened bhabhi? Why are you looking so amazed?"

"I.. You forgive me?" She asked.

"For what? Bhabhi, you were not at fault.. When I myself think about it with a relaxed mind.. I realized that why you did all this.. And it's not fault na that you are his sister.." Meera said with a smile to which Nandini smiles back. Manik is happy to see them back together.

"Start the rituals you all.." Rajeshwari said sitting on her seat.

Manik, Manav and Dev sat down. "Bhai sa take your partners along with you all.. This year, I have two more to tie the rakhi, Nandini and Gauri bhabhi.." Meera said while Nandini, Gauri and Divya sat besides their partners.

Meera does their aarti and then tied the rakhi on their wrist while the brothers presented gift to her sister.

"Your turn bhabhi.." Meera said to Nandini and Gauri.

"I don't have any brother.." Gauri said.

"You have me.." Manik said forwarding his wrist to her. Gauri smiles at him and ties him the rakhi who in return gifts a beautiful present. Nandini smiles at Manik.

Nandini then ties the rakhi to Ishaan who then gifts her a present. Everyone than sat around talking.

Manik can notice the sadness on her face and he knows the reason to. Manik excuses himself from the group and takes Nandini out.