Chapter 2: Dream and reality are opposites.

The boys stand still, staring the door. They feel conflicting emotions in their heads: enthusiasm; anxiety; confusion…

They watch the lady close the door, muffling the shouts in the street. Blocking the possibility to speak with the woman who has just left, preventing them from knowing the missing piece of their souls.

"She was ..." one of the boys says softly, as if speaking in a normal tone could wake them up and make them discover that this was just a dream.

A dream that I have been looking for many years.

"She is." the other boys says continuing to stare at the door.

Unaware of the hustle and bustle she has left behind, Desiree tries to go at home, and failing very well, to across the swarm of people who continue with their screams and frenzy.

"Is the president coming or something?" she thinks, frowning at a little girl who pushes her to run towards the main road.

After a hellish journey like Dante, she arrives at home arranging the shopping and then she comes back on the sofa, with the computer on her lap, so she cans continue the translation of the article of the super extended family, which she has started previously.

When she finally finishes her job and sends the completed translation to her office, she gets up to cook something, just a ready lunch in the microwave. After eating and swearing a comfortable dress for home, she lies down on the sofa and opens the second e-mail to start reading the article, this time written in Spanish.

"The theories behind the diseases of the bond's separation." Give the title in big letters.

"We were missing another conspiracy theorist ... why do I have to translate these ... things?" she snorts aloud, but immediately gets to work, taking an interest and nodding sometime when she reads the sentence.

Although she is a very rational, cynical and pessimistic woman if you ask those who know her, she finds herself silently agreeing with what she read.

“In the past, who met their soul mate and recognized them did not feel the obligation to be physically close to her / him, it would have been at the discretion of the individuals if been in a romantic relationship or not. So why: in the last twenty years there is a significant increase of people who feel real pain, sometimes even leading you to a coma, and in the extreme cases, death, when you stay too long away from who have our mark on their body?
My theory, and that of many of my distinguished colleagues, is based on testimonies and tests on random individuals. Every woman and man at the age of 21 will have the obligation to take the fertility test, a test that must be make under complete anesthesia.
Why do we need anesthesia when it was previously a simple and very normal test? What do they do to our bodies while we sleep? Do they carry out genetic testing to modify our bodies? To jump to the next human evolution and make us mutants capable of…. "

"And here we are, he starts talking bullshit ..." she whispers shaking her head and laughing at herself for having almost believed the words of a crazy conspiracy theorist.

She continues the translation, no longer allowing the scientist's words to enter in her head, even if she unconsciously begins to think about her examination. Five years ago she go to the clinic for the fertility test; that damn test that had shown what a great incubator she is.

Probability of pregnancy: 97%.

The doctors and nurses had almost gone mad that day. The 93% of women have a much lower percentage: approximately 20% / 25 %.
6% have a percentage between 25% and 45%.
Only 1% find themselves with a value greater than 50%. A woman with a high percentage of fertility is automatically seen as a person who has only one value and purpose: to have children and children, and children...

That day was the worst of Desiree's life. Yet another reminder how today's society see the women, how every woman in the world would have had the ultimate goal of life to be a mother. Even if you don't have maternal instinct.
After a few more hours of work, and more hectoliters of coffee, she decides to turn off the computer and finally turn on the television to continue watching the k-Drama she has started the night before.

"Strong Woman Do Bong Sonn"

The next morning Desiree wakes up to the sound of her phone ringing loudly alerting her to an incoming call.
"Zombieeeeeeeee ..." is the screaming at phone after answering.
“YA! Not scream." She responds angrily and still sleepy.
“Excuse me my sweet flower. Are you sleeping well, sweet heart of my life? Do you want me to bring you the croissants you like so much, little doll? "
"God I'm throwing up ... What do you need?" she asks rolling her eyes and finally getting out of bed.
The woman on the other side of the call laughs heartily.
"Sherlock, I wanted to ask you... Yeah, two Americano and two croissants, thank you."
“Three. I need sugar if I have to talk with you in the early morning! "
“It's 10.30! Excuse me, give me three croissants. "
"I'll wait here. I haven't had coffee yet. " Desiree says closing the conversation.

After a few minutes she hears the intercom alerting her to her friend's arrival.
"Desiiiiii ..." screams the newcomer, balancing the two coffees and the bag of croissants.
"Regina." Desiree says by taking her coffee and starting to drink, returning to the kitchen with her giggling friend.
"Too busy again with some series? Do you not sleep?"
"Mmmh ..."
“Drink, eat. Do you want a massage, my little flower? "

Desiree just gives her a dirty look at the nickname, but the effect is ruined by the sugar on her nose, which only made her friend laugh more.
"Just tell me what do you need."
Regina moves in her chair drinking her coffee, so she cans take time and thinks carefully how make her important question to the antisocial woman in front of her: "So ... You know that a few months ago I bought these two tickets for a concert, right?"

After Desiree's little nod and taking another sip, she clears her throat and continues, “Lexi was supposed to come with me. You know we really love this band, but Ben got sick yesterday and she doesn't want to leave him alone while he has a fever. So you know... I have this extra ticket and no one who could come with me. Sooo... Do you come with me, little flower? " she says almost without catching her breath.

"What's wrong with Ben?" Desiree asks, taking the phone and writing to her friend, Lexi, to know the health of her soul mate.
“Just a flu. The doctor said he just needed to stay at home and warm. "
"Oh I see. And do you think, that they need something? I could call my mom to ask her to cook some miso soup. That thing works miracles. " she says while continuing to type a message.
"Oh yes. Your mom makes the best flu soup in the world. "
"Mmmh .."

After a few minutes of silence, Regina suddenly stands up and her chair, fall in the process, pointing to Desiree angrily: “YA! Don't ignore my question! "
Desiree smiles and finally puts the phone on the table and looking at her friend, "What concert would it be?"
Regina blinks, shocked by the question and thinking: "Does this mean I can persuade her?"

"Um ...It's a Korean boyband, I don't think you know them, but they're really good!" she replies, after recovering.
"Lexi told me that if I don't come, Guz chases me, so I guess I cannot say no." Desiree responds, shuddering comically at the mention of the infernal chiuwawa.
They both laugh thinking about the little dog who thinks he is a Bull Dog.

"All right. So the concert starts tomorrow at 7pm at the Citi Field stadium, that one behind your house. But we have the VIP pass, so we will enter two hours early. Am I not the luckiest friend to have you in my life? You know, you live near from where they will perform and, on internet, the gossip say they are at the Hotel "Holiday Inn". You are here! OMG! They went on the same road as I did! We are really breathing the same air! Jesus!" she starts talking nonsense by making Desiree smile softly for her crazy fangirl side.

"So I guess you can sleep here and be closer to them."
"I already have the suitcase in my car, I just have to pick it up and bring it here!" she screams running out of the apartment, leaving a speechless Desiree with a croissant between her lips.

They spend the day talking. Or at least Regina talks nonstop about this famous group: playing their songs; watching music videos and also some compilations of the highlights of their career.
"You wouldn't be able to enjoy the concert if you don't know who those super cool BTS are!" was the explanation when Desiree ask: why would have to stay on the couch all day watching YouTube videos.

"I don't understand what I need to watch seven men playing with animals to "enjoy" the concert." She thinks angrily, while Regina chooses a new compilation: this one instead focused on the abs of boys.

“Now Regina, what is this really for? I can understand listening to the songs or watching the choreography and MV. But what do I need to look at their abs to enjoy a music concert? Or do they do a striptease? " she asks frowning while watching television.

“Look at that physical. Mamma Mia!" Regina says, completely ignoring Desiree's questions.

They stand in front of the television for what seems like an eternity, watching any type of video relating to the group, or just one of the members. Mentally Desiree admits that the music is very engaging and enjoyable; and the choreography is just great.

But she thinks all day, and all night, “Seriously why I must to look at their physiques? It's not like I'll ever see them. "
She falls asleep after tossing and turning in bed and listening to her friend's heavy breathing.

The next morning she wakes up to the smell of coffee and the low sound of music. After washing up and putting on a large sweatshirt, she heads to the kitchen, where an overactive Regina makes pancakes and stacking them on a plate.

"Day." Desiree says holding back a yawn: "Anxiety?"
"Good morning Desi!" Regina replies enthusiastically: “Oh yes! I'm super anxious! But super happy! Today I will see them for real! And we could talk to them! Woah I can't wait anymore!"
"Speak?"
"Oh yes. This year they change the concert schedule a little bit. Normally they never do this in other country: only in Asian, but this year, because we are the most lucky person in the world (!), they decide to do a kind of fan meeting to speak even better with their fans foreigners!" she says almost without breathing and continuing to cook the pancakes.
"And you didn't tell me before because ..?"
"I'm pretty sure I told you."
"No! I would remember that! YA! The only reason you chose me is because I speak Korean, huh? " Desiree snorts.

Regina just laughs and shakes her head, thinking, “It would have been better to wait, that she drinks her coffee before telling her she should talk to someone. Well ... some men, to be precise. "

They sit silently at the table having breakfast, not forgetting at least two cups of coffee for Desiree, who kept glaring at her friend.
"I didn't tell you because you would have started making a fuss about not wanting..." Regina begins to say in a soft and calm tone of voice, being promptly interrupted: "So you admit, that you didn't tell me yesterday!"

“Come on… you would have said no! But look, the bright side of having those beautiful, and super expensive, VIP Passes! You will not have to be in the middle of the chaos and we will have front row seats, without having to many people around us! "
"Mmmh ..." Desiree mutters in agreement.
"Sooo... It's already 12.15 and since Sleeping Beauty didn't want to wake up, now we have to dress, make up, do our hair, put on nail polish ... all very quickly."

“These are all things you will do! Don't come near to me with any of those strange tools! " Desiree says, glaring at the strange scissor with two strange semicircles instead of the tip. *
"Come on, just a little bit, ok?" Regina begs, joining her hands as if in prayer.

After an exaggerated snort and a rolling of the eyes, the two friends begin to get ready to go to the concert.
When Regina sees Desiree's chosen outfit, she bursts out laughing, bending over and holding her belly.

Desiree thinks her clothing choices aren't so strange. She swears simple black Parisian and denim shorts, which are not even visible, and at last the oversized sweatshirt. A sweatshirt she has bought only for the fluorescent yellow color, that she loves so much. But it has the black "Daddys baby" lettering on the front. All paired with a pair of black converse and a pair of black gloves.
"What's so funny?" Desiree asks frowning.
"No nothing ... daddy's baby!" she replies, promptly bursting into a new giggle attack.
"Shut up!"
After finally leaving the apartment to head to the concert venue, but not before taking 50 selfies. "I absolutely have to document everything!" It was Regina's explanation for the exorbitant number of selfie.
Finally they enter the lobby and they go in a room, apparently where they would have the small fan meeting, only for the lucky few 100 person with ARMY's VIP tickets.
They sit in two chairs at the back of the room waiting for the BTS members to arrive, while Regina continues to speak without sense.
When they finally enter, all the girls stand up screaming their names and waving their hands to get attention.
"They are beautiful." Desiree mutters to herself.
"Let's go last, so you don't feel suffocated, okay Desi?" she asks in a loud whisper to overpower the other screams.
She gives a simple nod, while she watches people line up with CDs or notebooks in hand to get them signed, patiently waiting their turn.

NOTE:

Hi,
I'm back.
Now I don't have a programme to update, when I finish to translate and check I post a new chapter.
This story is really, really slow burn. I mean: the first kiss maybe come in chapter 15/16. Just to say.
I'm never gone to BTS concert. I don't like crowds. Like a phobia.
But I  do a lot of research to be sure.
Enjoy and stay safe.
The comments are daily bread.
Purple you,
Alessia