Secret Love (1) ~ Natasha Romanoff

You had joined the avengers 5 months ago but you were a bit of a mystery, no one even knew your first name. You had introduced yourself as y/l/n and when they asked your first name you just tapped the side of your nose. You kept to yourself most if the time, not really being social however this intrigued the other members. They all wanted to know more about you and on the rare occasion you talked to them, everyone enjoyed your company.

You had your own room in the avengers tower and the only person who had been inside was tony - to design it. You were pretty big on respecting privacy, as the others soon learned, making sure never to enter your room but to wait outside for you to come out. You had no intention of ever telling any of them about your past.

The room next to you was Natasha's. She was quite reserved as well, not nearly as much as you but she still had a hint if mystery to her. You liked that, you also liked that she didn't try to find more out about you, she respected that you didn't want to share anything.

"was bist du?" ('What are you' in German) He screamed at you. Your whole body was numb and bruised black and blue. You were tied with rope to a hard, metal chair. Your vision had gone blurry, with blood or maybe tears, or maybe both. You could feel the blood dripping down your face from the last blow to the cheek. You had no energy left inside you, no will to live, and no motivation. You lifted your head and looked him in the eye, telling him what he wanted to hear, what he was willing to beat out of you like he had done so many times before. "ein soldat" (a soldier) He grinned as you muttered the words weakly, barely enough strength to keep your head up. "was machen soldaten?" (What so soldiers do?) He said, pleased with his handy work. "töten" (kill) I whispered.

You jolted awake, panic consuming you. You were shaking and hyperventilating. The sweat was running down your back but your eyes remained shut in pure fear. You couldn't breath, you were gasping for air but it felt like you weren't getting any and your heart was beating out of your chest.

"Hey, hey, it's ok!" You felt yourself being pulled into a hug. You were tense at first but you relaxed into it after a while. You cried into their shoulder and slowly your breathing went back to normal. As the person pulled away, brushing through your hair with their hand, you opened your eyes for the first time. You stared into the deep green eyes of Natasha Romanoff. She took your hands in hers and said, "You're okay, you're safe." You see Natasha was all too familiar with nightmares and flashbacks and when she woke to your screams she knew exactly what was wrong.

You immediately felt embarrassed, your cheeks went red and you pulled your hands out of hers, turning your back on her. You could almost feel how hurt she was but she understood. She stood up and turned to leave when she heard your weak voice, "Please don't go." You said, almost whispering. She joined you in your bed and pulled you into a hug and you fell asleep in her arms, feeling warm and safe.

~<•••>~

When you woke the next morning you were still in Natasha's arms. You remember the events of the night before and you felt so embarrassed. None if the avengers had ever seen you like that before, helpless, scared and shaken. Natasha was the first. You had always put on a hard shell, making it seem like you had no emotion and everyone knew you for your dry humour, part of you did this to protect yourself. You were afraid that if you let any emotion show, it would all just spiral out of control. Another part of you didn't tell them anything about yourself so you didn't need to talk about the past events that haunted you.

You slipped out of her arms carefully and made your way to your bathroom for a shower to clear your mind. When you entered the room again, in your towel, Nat was sitting upright on the bed. "You wanna talk about it?" She asked. You just shook your head and she nodded, not wanting to press you for information you didn't want to share.

You spent the rest of the day avoiding her, mostly training. You had went into the gym at 9:30am after breakfast and you were still there at 5:00pm when Natasha waked in. "Hey, how long have you been training?" She asked. "Umm, not really sure, a couple hours I think." She raised her eyebrow, "when did you come in here?" "9:30." You replied. Her eyes widened with worry. "Y/l/n you've been here seven and a half hours!! You need to rest and eat!!" You just nodded, knowing you would never win this one.

Natasha had made you waffles and syrup, followed by  four slices of toast, a plate of chicken nuggets and 5 glasses of water. "Y/l/n you know that was really dangerous. You can't starve and exhaust yourself!" She said, there was pain and worry in her eyes. "I'm fine." You said shrugging your shoulders. "No you aren't, you can't do that again! Y/l/n I'm really worried about you." She was desperate to get through to you. You walked closer to her until you were less than a foot away. "Why do you care so much?" You asked with the same dry tone you always had.

Before you knew what was happening Natasha had wrapped her arms around your neck, pulling you closer, and planted her lips on yours. It was slow, passionate and soft. You grabbed her hips and pulled her closer to you.

You grabbed her thighs and lifted her, not breaking the kiss, and put her on the kitchen counter while she lightly tugged on your hair. She wrapped her legs around your waist and you moved your hands up, one resting on her cheek and one on her hip. Once you pulled apart you were both left gasping for air, looking deep into the other's eyes. "Y/n" You said. "What?" She looked you confused. "Y/n is my first name."

"And thats when I said boom you lookin.." You heard a voice say as it approached the kitchen. "Shit!" You said. If they walked in now they would have known exactly what just happened. You and Nat's hair was a mess, your cheeks flushed and lips swollen and red.

You rushed over to the closet with all the cleaning equipment in it, dragging Nat with you. Just as the door closed Rhodey and Peter walked in, Rhodey was telling his ridiculous War Machine story.

The closet was quite cramped, you and Nat were only an inch apart and with any sudden movement you could knock something off a shelf. You both stayed still, staring into each other's eyes.

It had been 2 hours and somehow there was always at least one person in the kitchen grabbing dinner. You an Nat just really wanted to leave but entertained yourselves in other ways, with you occasionally tracing patterns on her back and chest and vise versa, and the odd make out. Suddenly you heard Wanda get up and leave. This was it, the first moment here had been no one in the kitchen. You both snuck out of the closet and made your way to your room's.

"That was very close." She said, reflecting on the fact you nearly were caught multiple times. "Yea it was, but I have to admit I don't regret it." "Neither do I" she said with a smirk.