Insomniac - Satan

Disclaimer: I'll mostly be using romaji unless parts of the song are actually sung in english

(idk it just kind of makes sense for me, but if you guys don't like it don't hesitate to tell me and I'll change it)

and I'll put lyric vids of all the songs going along.
(Also putting this disclaimer on all upcoming one-shots just in case people don't read the previous one)

Side note isn't it quite ironic that I name this insomniac when I write/post one shots late at night almost all the time.....🙃

Anyways-

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

It was rather late at night, and you couldn't sleep. You've tried everything to try and rest but you just couldn't. You even thought about going to Satan's, but you didn't know if he was awake or not. And you didn't want to take your chances. As a sort of final desperate and agitated attempt, you got up and went to the music room, hoping that maybe playing a record or two would be able to make you sleepy.

You quietly tiptoed in there and shut the door cautiously. Knowing that the music room was far away from the brother's rooms, you got a better idea. There was a song you heard Satan sing once before, and you loved it so much you learned how to play it on the piano.

The only issue is was that you had a hard time playing and singing at the same time.

You cracked your knuckles and began to play the gentle tune, trying to get the hang of it. It was such a beautiful song that made your heart melt a bit. And it made you love Satan more than you thought was possible.

As soon as you got the melody down, you attempted to sing along with it.

"Sugiteku hibi ni furete
Wasurenai youni kimi oshietai
Ashiteru nante kotoba..." You hummed the last part, trying not to mix up any notes along the way.

The first time you heard Satan sing that song, you teared up. You never realized how many would only see him as this angry and wrathful demon. Hardly anyone was brave enough to peel back the layers. Until you came along of course.

"Sono kokoro goto neko kabutetta..." You were getting more and more confident playing.

"Kimi ni deai mieta sekai
Yosote wa kaesu nami no you
Yokubari dakedo zenbu hoshii..." You hummed

You were so immersed in hitting the right notes that you didn't even hear Satan open the door. He was walking to get a glass of water when he heard a sound coming from the music room. He was about to complain until he realized it was you playing.

You've always been shy about letting the brothers hear you play or sing anything at all. So this is the first time Satan's witnessing any of that. The first thing he's heard you sing was his song...

Needless to say, he was quite speechless.

"Sugiteku hibi ni inoru
kienai youni kimi to kazouetai
Sobani ittai nante serifu
Honde wa takusan yon na no ni..." You sang quietly.

Satan mouthed the following lyrics with you. He so badly wanted to come up and hug you, or sing along with you. But he knew if he did, he'd startle you and you'd mess up. He could tell you've only been playing this song for a bit, noticing how you'd hum some parts when you had trouble coordinating your hands.

You felt your emotions float along with the music, really taking in what the lyrics meant. And knowing that Satan sang that song to convey his emotions towards you, you felt even more emotional. So emotional in fact, you hit the wrong keys. You stopped playing entirely and stared at the keys with slight frustration. You knew that trying to play while tired wouldn't do you any good, but it was the only thing that could calm you down. You sighed and rested your head on your arms, just letting your mind wander.

"Why did you stop?"

You whipped your head around, seeing Satan standing there with his arms crossed.

"S-Satan? How long have you been there?" You felt embarrassed.

"Long enough..." He said.

"Sorry if I woke you up...I couldn't sleep." You rubbed the back of your neck nervously.

"I was already awake, so no need to apologize." Satan said.

You smiled a bit before turning your focus on the piano. Your cheeks still felt warm from embarrassment. Satan came up and hugged you from behind.

"You play beautifully..." He said softly before kissing your neck.

"Thanks but...I still have a lot of room for improvement." You sighed.

"If you ever need help come to me. And only me." He said before turning you around and kissing your lips.

"Hehe okay..." You chuckled.

"Good kitten." He remarked before kissing you again.

"You should sing more... your voice is quite lovely." He murmured.

"M-maybe I will. Only with you around, though." You said.

"It's a deal." Satan smiled.

You stifled a yawn. Sleep finally caught up to you.

"finally tired?" Satan teased. You hummed in agreement.

"We should go to bed now. Do you want to sleep in my room?" Satan asked.

You nodded and sleepily raised your hands. Satan chuckled and picked you up. Your hands wrapped around his neck and your legs lazily wrapped around his torso. You pressed some kisses on his neck, causing him to squirm a bit.

"You're quite affectionate tonight." He joked.

"Oh hush...It's not like we always get time to ourselves anyway." You yawned.

"Touché..." Satan snickered.

You finally reached his room. He put you down and opened the door, letting you go in first. He laid on his bed and you crawled in after him, laying your head on his chest.

"Hey, Satan?" You quietly spoke.

"Yes darling?" He responded.

"I love you..." You said, hugging him tightly.

"I love you more, my little kitten. And...thank you for choosing me." He said before kissing your head.

"There isn't anyone else in the three worlds that I'd chose to love as much as I love you, Satan." You reassured him.

"Haha likewise." He chuckled.

"Goodnight..." You said before drifting to sleep.