chapter 6 ~ weddings and schizophrenics

"Dinner! Eat it or miss it people" Fiona yelled as we all came barreling down the stairs.

"What more piss food?" Lip joked. I swatted him on the arm, passing around the plates. After the events of the other night, the two of us were kind of cool i guess.

I cut a piece of Lasagna from the pan, placing it on the empty plates in front of me. By "piss food", Lip meant Fiona had literally exchanged her clean urine for her free food. But her friend knew how to cook so I wasn't one to complain.

"Deb's you ready to go to Target?"  Veronica called as I handed her a cup of lasagna. Yeah, we were now all out of clean plates.

"The wedding's back on?" I asked, shoving the spoon in my mouth. Apparently Kevin and V decided to spontaneously get married after the events of Debbie stealing a baby. Yeah, i'm not even going to get into that one. "Isn't kev married?" I went on. I'm not getting into that one either.

"You, come with me" Veronica ordered as I quickly followed her out of the house. "We're not actually getting married. Fiona convinced us to hold a fake wedding, that way my mama gets what she wants" She smiled.

A fake wedding? I couldn't tell if that was completely diabolical or the best idea I had ever heard. Plus they'd get a boatload of free gifts from it; free gifts we could steal.

"As much as I admire your commitment V, what do you need me for?" I asked as we made our way into her house. The place was covered in a gag worthy amount cheetah print and red velvet. I mean it looked like they hired Snookie as an interior designer.

"Well you know how to sew and with all that thrifting you do.." She trailed off,  handing me a notebook with her body measurements. I rolled me eyes not wanting to question why she had her measurements. 

"Hell no V" I snapped once I picked up what she was hinting. "Just buy a used one"

I shoved the paper back into her hands, wanting to not spend my week sewing her a wedding dress. I mean sure I'd done it with almost all my clothes but that didn't mean I enjoyed.

"Come on Cassie....I don't want to wear someone's old dress on my big day" She pleaded. Big day? It wasn't even a real wedding.

"No way V. I have work and this will-"

"I'll pay you"

And those three little words had caught my attention.

"So what style were you thinking?" I smiled, snatching back the book. I guess I was spending my day shopping.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I called Mandy to pick me up, mainly because I didn't want to walk and she had access to a car. I mean she didn't technically have her license, but no one around here really did.

"What about this?" She asked, holding up the ugliest dress I had ever seen.

Since I only had a few days I figured it would be easier to take pieces from other dresses and sew them together to make a new one. With a few of my own special touches of course.