Rant + Announcement

I'm getting this book published but first read this:

I felt so unmotivated these past days, it's normal, every writer goes through this but it took me so long to realize that I've been holding back.

This book was always meant to be inspired by Skins and Euphoria tv series, and we all know how they didn't hold back at all, they were REAL, they told the stories as it should be because many teenagers go through what those characters and my characters go through. My book is a mix of experiences, tv-series, and research.

I didn't hold back with the sexual abuse which was my initial plan so I'm proud of this. I was a bit scared at first to be detailed but I kept going. So many people go through sexual abuse and I wanted to portray it as real as I can, I was also frustrated to read some books that treated rape like it's a sad minor thing. No, it ruins your life. You will never be the same and I had to do so much research on it.

But I feel like I haven't done Gone Girl justice (or maybe I'm just too hard on myself) especially Derek and Veronica. They are my main problem right now.

Derek and Veronica were not meant to be the kind of couple you'd call goals (I mean you do you if you want this) they were meant to be a bad kind of love, it's wrong but so right at the same time. The age gap is what scared me the most, I know how people react to it. Her being 16 (17 now) and him being 21.

Guess what? Many teenagers go through this (I personally know people like Veronica and Derek, I grew up in Romania and Italy where people didn't even care about the age gap, and age of consent is 14 no matter the age gap unless parents say no)
You don't have to ship them, I'm not promoting their relationship as if it's a healthy one. I'm just telling a story.

So, if you think it's morally wrong that's fine too. You can't really pick and choose, drugs are bad too, Veronica lying about her age to have sex with an older guy in a bar is bad too, James hitting Nicole is bad too, Derek selling drugs is bad too. Do I have to go on? They are bad people, or maybe just people who make mistakes, whatever, it doesn't matter.

It's their story. It's what they go through. (I sound like I based them off real people LOL, no, every author takes inspiration from real life but not to that point.)

It took me so long to realize how much I was scared to write their relationship as I wanted it, but I won't hold back anymore. As soon as I finish the book, I'll edit and rewrite (without changing the plot of course, but adding to it!), and I'll get my book published. I want my book to be just as real and raw as Euphoria and Skins. Because that was my original plan.

I'll publish the book with Amazon and of course, there will be a paperback and an ebook version, I will also do a giveaway for a few ebooks.

When I finish editing and rewriting, Gone Girl will have the same plot but hopefully without grammatical errors lol, and more detailed emotions, scenes, descriptions because I didn't focus much on that, I'll hire an editor because English isn't my first language.

But most importantly, it will be raw.

Also the sex scenes, gosh, I was so worried about how people would react to them but I always wanted this book to be filled with mature scenes. The sex scenes you read till now are nothing compared to what I will write.

If you prefer this version, it's cool, because I'll keep both. I mean, I'll edit this one for grammatical reasons and I'll change some stuff as I said but the published book will be the story I 100% wanted to tell.

I will still publish book 2 here and of course, the end of Gone Girl 1 too.

If you want to buy my book it will be completely your decision because it's still available here, I'm not forcing you.

If you are wondering why I'm ranting about this, it's a mix of my insecurities about coming off as promoting unhealthy relationships + people accusing me of it. Some people were from TikTok and they didn't even give the book a chance.

Now that I had a small (big) rant... I love you!