07 | put you on

Never did I think I would actually be excited to get out of the house - regardless of the fact that it's to go to a football game

I'd been cooped up in this neverending routine of wake up, work, get home, catch up on school work, and then stare at clothing materials until I pass out from exhaustion.

The crowd of cheering and jeering students dressed in school colors was a nice change of pace. The Titan maroon was a large contrast with Clemson's orange and purple colors.

I sit, quietly, at the front row, watching as the players all run down the field to do something, I don't know what.

Sky made a good argument that we're hosting a game night anyway - which she planned, by the way - so why not get out there to support the people attending said game night.

While I was there cheering for whoever caught the ball on our team, my eyes somehow kept going back to the man that sports number 17. I've spent enough time sneaking glances at the game whenever it was on TV to know who that number belongs to.

He runs off the field, removing his helmet from his head at the same time. As he runs a hand through his wavy shoulder-length hair, I take in the way his uniform fits his form well. His exposed arm displays his tattoo sleeve that seems to have intricate design.

Well, as far as I can see - which isn't very far.

Not again.

I need to stop staring before he thinks I'm -

"Earth to Miss Girl!" Cass snaps her fingers in front of my face, bringing me back to earth for a moment. I blink and turn to her, "Move, I'm tryna pee."

I grumble and lean back, allowing Cass and her girlfriend, Frankie, to slide past me. After they leave, Sky and I are left watching the game.

She turns to me and winks cheekily making me roll my eyes. I know exactly what she's about to say.

"No." I cut her off as soon as she opens her mouth to speak.

She gasps, "You don't even know what I was about to say."

"Yes, I do."

"What was I about to say then?"

"You were about to tease me about staring at Casen when all I was doing was scanning the field and checking out the competition."

Sky narrows her eyes in thought, "You're such a bad liar."

I throw my head back in a laugh of disbelief, "What are you talking about? I was being honest."