Meeting the king

Fayette's P.O.V.

I was roughly awakened by a kick in the shin.

"Ow!" Rubbing my eyes I look up to find the commander standing over me.

"Wake up." He commanded with a gruff voice. I scampered to my feet. What did he want? He was just here last night and I was till sore from the confrontation. Before I could ask, he answered my silent question.

"You are to meet the king."

I blinked at him. The king of the humans? This was something I had hoped to never have to do. Unlocking my shackles the commander beckoned me through the cell door and I hurried after him not wanting to be beatin for disobedience again. I went slowly rubbing my ankles unused to walking without the cumbersome devices. Painfully I made my way up the steps out of the dungeon.

"Hurry up girl!"

Taking I a deep breath I took the last step out of the dungeon and was blinded by the sudden bright light. Why were we outside?

"Hey Fairy Girl! Move it! It takes at least a ten minute walk to get to the castle."

Oh that explains it they must keep the dungeons off the castle grounds. Nodding I hobbled after him only to be flanked by two guards that I have never seen around the dungeon. Before I could ask, he answered my silent question by saying

"These are your guards while you out of the dungeon. No funny bussiness ehh?" He squinted at me before continuing.

Sighing I hurried after the commander hearing the rustle of leaves from the men behind me. Why did I need guards?. Wait...was that what Aaron was? A friend...With a human? never! lost in my thoughts I did not realize that we had corm upon the castle and ran right into the commander.

"WATCH IT"

I mumbled a apology, but I do not know if the commander heard it because he was talking to the royal guarrd stationed by the door.

"I have orders to bring this creature to the king." He said the word 'creature' with contempt staring straight at me.

The guards assessed me before nodding the assent and opening the grand doors. Memories of the time, when I was a a young, curious princess, flooded back towards me as I watched the scene ahead of me. Courtiers argued amongst themselves about political disagreements, the ladies giggled as the handsome lords walked by in the doublets, and perhaps the most sup rising was the King and Queen that sat leisurely on there ornate thrones. They...they...the humans...this is identical to what life I once led. Are they in even such as small way like the Fae?

A booming voice resounded through the hall sushing every noble in the room,

"What do we have here? A Fairy?" The king said getting up and walking towards me. I flinched as he held out a hand to touch my wings. The commander gave me a stren look and a motion with his fist meaning that if I did not behave I would be beaten.

Recognizing my defeat the king reached out once again and lightly touched my wings. The touch was..uncomfortable and I fought the urge to try ro run and stood my ground.

"Quite beautiful. It is true what they say about your kind is it not?"

I cocked my head and lifted a brow before answering

"What do you mean? There are many myths about us mostly lies considering you wiped out my 'kind' as you put it. Killing innocent children...Tell me my king. DId you enjoy it?"

The commander stepped forward and was just about to slap me for my disobedience, but the king stopped him by holding up a hand.

"Yes I got rid of you because this world does not deserve to be polluted by your magic."

My anger boiled at how calmly he said it. How could he?

"Magic is what makes this world so beautiful! WIthout it there would be no life or love in this world. Slowly you are KILLING this world you so so hope to protect!"

I felt my feet lift of the ground as my wings took flight anger ebbing around me. I deserved to be above him! His kind are the ones that endanger this world. Not me, the elves, or other supernatural creatures. NO it was people like him this idealistic creatures that wont nothing more then power. Power over us!

Just as I was about to call upon my magic someone burst through the door.

"Hey Dad! Sorry I am late. Why did you need me?" The stranger took a couple of breaths hands on his knees as he looked up at me. His eyes widened as he saw me. "Fayette?"

How could he know my name? I looked at him more closely. Only one person knows my name.

Aaron.

He could back me up on this. Aaron could prove to them that supernaturals were not destroying the earth. Wait...Did he call the king dad? Taking in his rich attire and jeweled crown I gasped.

He was on there side. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Oh so your on there side to? I thought I knew you Aaron. I thought maybe you were different."

"I-I Fayette.."

I stopped Aaron before he could say anymore, they would all be lies anyway.

"Do not come to find me again. Next time it won't be so easy humans."

Closing my eyes I called on my power, the power of my ancestors, and the power of the earth.

My eyes turned deep purple as mist swirled around me taking me back to the Land of the Fae. The nobles were standing away in horror as I raised my arms making the mist thicker.

"FAYETTE!"

Goodbye Aaron...

..................................................................................................................................................................... 

ENJOY AND DONT FORGET TO VOTE, COMMENT, AND FAN!

Also if you look back to the second part I uploaded a picture of what I thought Fayette looked like when Aaron saw her. Picture of Aaron!!!! to the right!

Emilestie