THIRTY ONE

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𖥔 ࣪ ˖  ᤴTHIRTY ONE  ˖ ࣪ ‹ 𖥔 ࣪║▌│█║▌│ █║▌│█│║▌║            -love repeats

𖥔 ࣪ ˖ ᤴTHIRTY ONE ˖ ࣪ ‹ 𖥔 ࣪
║▌│█║▌│ █║▌│█│║▌║
-love repeats

It was nearing morning the next day, around five am, just a hour before students would be getting up to start their day.

There was only one person in the Hufflepuff common room that was awake and that was Poppy. She had always liked to be up early and get things done.

She was brushing her hair on her side of the shared room that she and Daisy had. The curtain on Daisys bed was draped, so she thought that she was still asleep which was understanding.

She hummed, prancing around the room and cleaning her stuff up, leaving Daisys things untouched because she knew how much Daisy hated it when people touched or moved her things around.

That's when she heard a tap on the window. She paused her movements, making sure it wasn't her mind playing tricks on her. But when she heard the tap again, her face morphed into confusion.

She went over to the window, where the noise was coming from, and pulled the curtains back to see a owl sat outside on the window ledge, holding something something in its beak.

She furrowed her eyebrows. Why would a owl be outside with a letter not even at six am?

Poppy opened the window anyway, and the owl swooped in and landed on her shoulder. She carefully took the letter from its beak and read the name on the front.

Daisy Longbottom

Poppy flipped the letter around, and squinted as there was a small squiggly note written in the bottom corner.

Open asap.

Poppy blinked, staring at the letter and then looking over at Daisy's bed. She decided on if she should wake Daisy up or not. Whoever wrote the letter wanted her to open it as soon as possible, so it was urgent.

She went over to her bed and pulled the curtain covering her bed ever so slightly, expecting her to be there, snoring away, but she wasn't there.

Poppy pulled the curtain back all the way, pulling her duvet up. She wasn't there. Poppy stood there with the letter in her hand, standing there like a idiot.

Where could she be?

The last time Poppy had seen Daisy was when she said she was going to meet Neville in the Gryffindor common room, and that was last night. She thought that maybe she fell asleep on the sofa with Neville, after talking all nighy and she brought it upon herself to go there to see.