Untitled Part 29

He was finally left alone for a while. Draco had to say that it was rather difficult to find time for him to be left by himself. It was annoying more then anything else. He wished that the Second Prince would just leave him be. Was it really that complicated that he wanted to be alone for a few moments? He had been through quite the experience. Unfortunately it would seem that it was precisely because of that this young prince would not leave. him. alone. Something which was quite unfortunate. How was he supposed to focus on attempting to escape with the second prince breathing down his neck. It would seem as though the Veela prince was worried he was going to break down. 

It would seem they did not understand. He was a Malfoy, they did not simply break. down. That was not something malfoy's did. Perhaps he may want to but that did not mean that he would. Malfoy's remained composed, even at the worst of times. He would know. It was literally written through his blood. His father had taught him many things, and whilst the man was cruel at the best of times, he knew enough to help him survive the complexities of pureblood society. Being composed was the most important thing. Purebloods were ruthless. If anyone would know it would be him. He was one, and probably among the most ruthless of all the families. Composure was important otherwise who knew what they would try to do. Manipulate, get into their heads. It was dangerous. Most certainly. HIs father was many things but willing to allow his only heir to go wandering about society unaware of what was necessary was not one of them. He may be pathetic, but he was still a Malfoy. 

Having hopefully been left alone for the rest of the evening, Draco hesitantly called out for Bobby, closing his eyes not daring to hope too much. If this did not work he would find another way, it would just be a bit more difficult then what he would...prefer. Luckily for him, it would seem that the House Elves strange form of magic surpassed that of the Veela's protection spells. He breathed out a sigh of relief, joy flooding him in great measure as the elf appeared before him. 

"Master!" Bobby whispered, and Draco thanked magic that the elf had enough awareness not to scream out in his excitement. Bobby was probably the best of the elves he now had under his command, and Draco was grateful that he had at least one elf that he could be able to count on. 

"Bobby, I want you to take a message to Uncle Sev for me." Draco said gently. Bobby's eyes lit up at the realization that he was having something to do. Something for Draco. It was rather easy to cause the house elves joy. At least for him, he was not sure about others. His at least did enjoy his commands. They were serventile creatures after all. "Tell him not to rush, either. He may want to once he reads it. However, we have to play our cards right. It would not do to go rushing things after all. That is where mistakes get made. I have a plan, and I would not have it endangered. I doubt he will, but even still." 

Draco knew that he could trust Severus. There were few people that he could trust, but he knew enough that he would be able to trust Severus. He knew that someone had to have betrayed him, given the fact that the Council had gotten proof of his father's actions, which meant that one of his classmates had become a traitor. Something Draco simply could not stand for. However, Severus was different. While the man despised Lucius' actions, he was frightened enough of his father that he would not try something. Especially knowing the likelihood that it may harm Draco. That and Draco had warned him not to. Severus was not one to go back on his word either. 

Which meant it was either Pansy, Blaise, Theo, Crabbe, or Goyle. He ruled out the last two almost instantly. They had neither the intelligence, nor the forethought to plan such a thing. Pansy...He could see potentially trying, but the gall to go to the Weasley's of all people, with such evidence. He doubted it. That left Blaise or Theo. He did not really know which one it was, but when he found out...he would show them why you did not simply go against a Malfoy's instructions. 

For now, he would give Severus his letter which he had constructed. Hopefully the other had already begun to take steps once he realized that Draco was...well not missing but not at the Manor. Assuming he even knew how to get into the manor without a Malfoy present. He did not know if his father had ever informed Severus of that. At the very least, he knew that Severus would have started Something at the very minimum upon hearing that he was at the Weasley household.

"Here,' Draco handed Bobby the letter, and closed his eyes, breathing deeply. "If Uncle Sev needs to send a letter back, wait until I call for you. It is dangerous, and we cannot have the Veela knowing what we are up to. Understood?" Draco asked. Bobby nodded hastily. 

"Bobby understands!" 

"Good, get going. I do not know how much time i have alone before the second prince comes barging in once again." Draco could not keep the frustration entirely from his voice but still, he looked at Bobby carefully. 

"Tell the other house elves that the Manor should be kept in good condition. When I escape I cannot be coming back with extra work that needs to be done. Make sure they rest when they need to, but I need the manor in good condition." Bobby nodded instantly. 

"Of course Master Draco!" He said enthusiastically. Draco gave him a small wry smile but then waved him off, the house elf disappearing without another word. He deeply hoped that this would work.

Otherwise...he was not really sure what he would do.