Love Spell

Keith waited impatiently for Lance to leave the pod. They had been on a planet together and were looking for a flower with an unknown power. Lance had been impulsive and grabbed the flower once he set his eyes on it. It was a beautiful flower and Lance sniffed it....then passed out. Keith rushed him to the healing pods and he has been there for at least an hour. The team waited for him as Pidge was analyzing the flower Lance brought. "Guys, look I got something." Everyone turned to give Pidge their un-divided attention. "The flower is a love spell, whoever Lance makes eye contact with, he'll show his love to." Great, Thought Keith. They heard a noise coming from Lance's pod. Keith forgot everything Pidge just said and focused on holding Lance. "Keith!Don't-never mind." Lance opened his eyes and looked up at Keith, holding hid fore arms. Lance eyes flashed confusion and Keith finally remembered what Pidge said. Guess he's gonna yell at me and show me how much he hates me and doesn't love me. Keith thought sadly.

Lance smiled and wrapped his arms around Keith, causing them to fall on the ground. "Keithy~!" It took Keith a literal minute to realize he was feeling something warm on his cheek multiple times. Lance was peppering his with kisses. Keith stared wide eyed at the team, who was stifling laughs, except Pidge who was on the floor, howling with laughter. "L-Lance, what are you doing?!" He screeched and Lance stopped kissing him. "Showing you how much I loveeeee you! I love you, Keith! I love you, Keith!" Lance continued talking about Keith's beautiful mullet and how much he loves him and why. Keith wasn't listening, he was panicking. "H-Hey Lance, you must be reallllly tired. Do you want me to take you to your room? Maybe you'll be in the right mind then." Lance pouted but then grinned,"Can I sleep in your room?"

"...Fine."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been weeks and Lance has been clinging to him like a monkey. He would kiss him on the cheek, hug him, cuddle with him, glare at the others, and never let Keith out of his sight. He also slept in Keith's room the entire time.

Keith didn't sleep in his room with Lance. He would sleep on the couch for two hours then go to train. Then when he finished went back to the couch and sat down, waiting for the others. One paladin after another, they came in and greeted Keith. Pidge sat near him on her computer and Hunk went to cook. Shiro and Allura were talking and Coran was dancing. Lance entered the room with an oversized blue hoodie and short shorts. Keith's face reddened as Lance kissed his cheek and snuggled up next to him. Keith's breath hitched, this was something he always wanted, but it wasn't real. Lance didn't love him that way. Keith gently pushed Lance off of him as Lance whined in discomfort. Keith got up. "I'm gonna train." Pidge fixed her glasses,"Again? I heard you training not long ago." Keith sighed,"Yeah, just need to...clear my mind." He ran to the training room again and pulled out his bayard. It transformed into his sword and he started the training sequence. He slashed robot after robot.

Lance doesn't like you

It's fake

A simple spell

He hates you

With a burning passion

Unrequited love

This isn't real

Keith sighed and glanced behind him. While he was training, he heard a figure come in and sit in the seats at the side of the room. "End Training Sequence." He turned to face Lance, who was watching him happily with a big grin on his face. "Lance, what are you doing here?" Lance scoffed, a blush on his cheeks. "Watching the hottest man alive train. You seriously have no idea how hot you are." Keith smiled sadly as Lance would never say anything like that. "I see, I'm almost done.." Lance beamed,"Then can we do something together? Like can we do face mask together?" Keith really wanted to say no. He didn't want to get attached. But he saw Lance's cute hopeful face and couldn't say no. He ruffled Lance's hair, making Lance blush deeper,"Sure, let me shower first though."

Lance ran frantically around his room, gathering his supplies. Keith let the water run, dreading what might happen. Lance had already been so clingy and he missed the other Lance, but also didn't hate this one. The one who would greet him with a smile every morning and tell him he loved him so much, more than he could ever know. He sighed and got out the shower, drying his hair with a damp towel. He went into Lance's room where Lance was wearing his robe and slippers. He had everything set up. "Keithy~! You're here!" Keith smiled warmly at Lance, who smiled back and kissed his cheek. Keith was use to it now, but it hurt. "Right, sit down in that chair and tie your beautiful mullet." Keith grabbed a rubber band and tied his hair, with Lance staring at him with a huge blush on his face."Do that more often, it's really hot." No matter how many times Lance told him he was hot, it made Keith flustered. "W-Whatever, just do your thing." Lance smiled and grabbed a brush and brushed it lightly on Keith's face. Keith giggled.

Lance raised his eyebrow and smiled,"What was that? It was adorable." Keith blushed, scared his secret would be given away. "N-Nothing." Lance smirked and continued brushing Keith's cheek lightly. Keith kept on giggling, telling himself to shut up. "Keith, are you....ticklish?" Keith's face burned from embarrassment. "N-No!" Lance smirked,"Wanna test that?" It really, really hurt how much this Lance acted like the real Lance. Lance reached his hands to Keith's side and started tickling them. Keith laughed like a 5 year old and scrambled to get Lance off him. "L-Lance St-Stop!" In reality, Keith was enjoying this. Lance tickled him faster, tears sprung from Keith's eyes. Lance started laughing with him and they fell over, side by side. Lance was holding on to Keith and stopped tickling him. They were both laughing, then Lance stopped to see Keith's smile. It was genuine and so...wonderful. Keith trailed off, taking a few breaths and looked into Lance's eyes as his smile drifted off. Lance glanced down at Keith's lips and for once, Keith forgot Lance wasn't the real Lance. They both leaned in and it was fireworks.

Keith felt Lance smile against his lips and kiss him a little harder. Keith opened his eyes and remembered sadly that it didn't mean anything. Keith gently pushed Lance away and got up. Lance smiled sadly,"What's wrong?" Keith sighed,"I can't do this. I love Lance, but...you don't love me. Not the real you at least. I'm not taking advantage of you, that's wrong and I couldn't live with myself if I did." Lance smiled happily,"I'm glad you care about me, even if I'm not who I think I am, but I do love you Keith. Real or not." Keith scoffed lightly,"Yeah right."

Keith! Lance! Come quick we have a possible antidote.

Keith's eyes brightened,"Lance! Come one, we can have you back to normal!" He grabbed his wrist and ran to the living room, where everyone was standing. Lance looked kinda freaked out for some reason. "What is it? The antidote?" Okay, Pidge looked sorta embarrassed,"Okay, so I was wroooung."

"Huh?"

"Wrourng?"

Hunk sighed,"Pidge was wrong. It isn't a love spell. It's a feelings spell, it shows someone's true feelings with whoever they make eye contact with." Everyone faced Lance with a stunned and amused looks. Lance flushed from embarrassment as Keith felt a small smile tug at the corner of his lips. "And it you're true feelings are hate, it can be broken with a fight or a punch. If it's love, it has to be broken with a kiss. So, a kiss on the lips, not on the cheek." Keith faced Lance, who was blushing a lot. "WAIT, So you're not under the spell anymore? You were pretending?" Lance looked everywhere but Keith,"Y-Yes?" He turned around and ran, Keith running after him. He pinned Lance to the wall when he caught up to him,"Keith, Let's talk about this. I'm sorry-mphmf!" Keith kissed him senseless, Lance melting into it.

"Wait, so they kissed?"