08 | set you up

The car ride started off in silence (save for the low hum of the radio) - not awkward or anything, just a comfortable air

The car ride started off in silence (save for the low hum of the radio) - not awkward or anything, just a comfortable air. His tattooed arm is on the steering wheel as he rolls to a stop behind Sky at a stoplight.

Why didn't she just tell him to follow her car in the first place?

It's not an actual question seeing as I already know the answer. I mean she said it not even thirty minutes ago. Just because her, Cassie, and Frankie are all boo'd up does not mean that that has to be the same case for me. I'm perfectly happy being single - it's not the first and it'll probably not be the last.

What's on my mind though is the fact that Case hugged me for no reason other than to make someone jealous.

Wow.

With that in mind, my hand shoots out to slap his bare arm. He hisses and pulls back, "Why the hell are you abusing your driver?"

My jaw gapes at his apparent cluelessness, "Because my driver just set me up."

"I didn't set you up." He rubs his arm and begins to pull off when the light turns green. "I just got caught off guard and had to throw her off real quick."

My eyes widen as I reel back, my head smacking against the window, "You were caught off guard? Bro, you hugged me."

He clears his throat and glances at me with an odd look on his face. He looks kind of hurt but still forces this playful tone, "Am I not allowed to hug my friends?"

The chuckle that escapes me floats in the air for a moment as I blink and turn back to follow Sky's car with my eyes.

"We're friends now?"

Case laughs and winks, his voice deep and southern in the process, "Well, we've hung out and texted almost everyday this week so I'd like to think so."

Sigh.

White boys.

Deciding to tease him, I shrug, "You're an acquaintance at best. Don't get it twisted."

He presses a hand to his chest in fake offense and tries to hide his growing smile, "I don't just hug acquaintances, Ana."

"You be doing a lot more with a lot less." When he sends me a look, I shrug, "I hear things." He clears his throat awkwardly, giving me more time to say my next couple of words, "Laiya Whitney though? You couldn't go for somebody a little less... annoying?"

I guess my joke wasn't as funny as I thought it was because he furrows his brows in confusion, "How do you know Laiya?"

I laugh, "You don't have to worry about that. I know what I know because I don't tell people how I know what I know."

He sends me a smile that screamed 'that's how it is?' before pulling onto the street of our apartment. He looks at me for a moment before a wide smile breaks out on his face.

"Shiiiiii." He says in realization, "You were a cheerleader, weren't you?"

I roll my eyes. He thinks he knows everything.

"Maybe, maybe not." I shrug nonchalantly.

"Hmm." He hums confidently and I know my response just confirmed his thoughts, "How come I never saw you perform at any of the games?"

Rolling my eyes again, I grab my phone and check the time. It just hit nine o'clock and I can tell - from the games that Sky was flexing earlier - the boys are going be over longer than I expected.

"Dang, look at that bird." I point to nothing outside, trying to change the topic.

This obviously doesn't work because Case lets out an exaggerated laugh, pressing his hand to his sculpted chest, "Stop tryna change the subject -"

"Oop, looks like we're here."

He shakes his head in amusement and just parks, having enough of my obviously annoying nature.

"You're aggravating, you know that?" He chuckles.

A small smile grows on my face as I watch him - he has gorgeous teeth. What the fuck -

Look away, Ana.

I find myself telling myself that often in his presence. And as indifferent as I am towards him as a friend, I can't hide the fact that he's still a fine ass human being and I'm still a woman with perfectly good eyes - except for when I take my contacts out at the end of the night.

"Thank you, kind sir." I say with an odd British accent as I gather my phone and purse in hand and push open the door to his Rav4.

He scoffs and exits the car behind me, tucking his phone into his grey joggers. I avert my attention to the damp ground when my eyes had roamed a little too low.

Can I just tell y'all -

No, Ana, we are not going to talk about the long shlong going down his thigh.

"Woot woot!" Frankie yells in excitement before Cassie shushes and reminds her that it's night and other people live in the complex - people who will not hesitate to report them. Her voice lowers to a whisper as we all approach the steps, "Woot woot."

Ty has this sad look on his face which tells me that he finally realized just how close Cass and Frankie are.

About damn time.

OMG Y'ALL - DON'T TAKE THE LONG SHLONG THING SERIOUS PLS 😭😭 I WAS JUST BORED 💀💀

next chapter is the game night cause im tired and still attempting to do shorter chapters