zero

The moon's glow lit up the darkness in the sky. Stars glittering and twinkling all around her in her glory. I stare at it, pass the trees in the clearing I laid in. The softness of the wool blanket laid beneath me as I observe the Earth rotate. How funny it is how small we are. Where do we go when we die? Heaven? Hell? My thoughts of existence dance through my head, until I hear the thud of footsteps near me. The natural sounds of the crickets calling each other, the rustling through the grass had ceased altogether.

I saw a figure standing before me. A woman. Her long, blonde hair dancing alongside the breeze. She ran past me at a speed that was unexplainable, unrecognizable to what I have witnessed in my lifetime.

How did she do that?

I turn and find her eyes locked with mine, her eyes reflecting the night sky. How dark her eyes were, they were as black as obsidian. Her blonde locks moved alongside her as she ran from place to place in the clearing, a blur only coming to my vision.

"What do you want? Leave me alone!" I scream but a mocking laugh responded back. A rhythmic drumming from my heart came to the surface of my eardrums. The loudness increasing in volume and no one was here to save me. I see her eyes waiting for me, waiting for me to move.

"Go away! Please!" I ran, my feet thudding against the Earth as fast as I could away from the clearing where we stood. But how useless my legs were compared to her unnatural speed.

"How useless you truly are," I hear her laugh. The puffs of her breath against my ear brought my face to feel a tingling sensation. My vision began to lack in sharpness as I look at the natural world.

I hear the speed of her footsteps, her breaths away from my body. I see her before me and the lone figure before me was an ethereal-like woman.Was this an angel? She walked in circles around me, touching and twirling my dark hair through her icy fingers. Her hand touched my skin and the sudden change of temperature of our skin brought goosebumps to the surface of mine.

"What do you want?" I repeated to her. Her legs came to a halt, circling me and her obsidian eyes stared back into mine once more.

"To end you." She said. The woman striding forward towards the last of my body giving out underneath me.