Episode 1 - Alone

We were deep in the jungle. Nindroids were scattered across the forest floor, guarding the secrets beneath the surface. Lloyd is hidden in a bushel of flowers, his blond hair just barely peaking above the golden pedals. I meet his green gaze and nod. With that, he rolls out of the bushes and behind the nearest tree. The Nindroids suspect nothing. With a punch and a kick, followed by a swing of his Shurikens, he's knocked out three Nindroids. But he doesn't see the forth one sneaking up behind him. I jump from my tree and land on the droid before it can fire its blaster at my brother. Lloyd turns around and nods his head.

More Nindroids are charging at us. I flip out of the way of their blasters, quickly notching an arrow and firing it. The arrow explodes the moment it connects with the Nindroids head. I do this many more times before all the Nindroids have been taken out.

"That new bow really is awesome," Lloyd says.

I smirk, though he cant see it under my mask. "Jealous?"

He shakes his head and we continue down the cave. Directly inside are a bunch of lasers. Trip one and the entire cave will collapse on our heads. Lloyd gives me a determined look before flipping through the course, dodging all the lasers with ease. When he makes it to the other side, he crosses his arms and raises an eyebrow expectantly.

I pull out my bow and knock another arrow. I take a deep breath and focus on my target, which happens to be right behind Lloyd's head. I release the arrow and watch as it soars through the maze of lasers, not hitting a single one. The arrow knocks against a rock just behind Lloyd. The rock moves just enough and the lasers are disabled. I smirk and walk through casually.

"Wha- how did you know that was there?" Lloyd exclaims, eyes wide and bright.

"Archer's eyes, hun," I reply.

We turn the corner and immediately run into Nindroids. They fire their lasers and I duck skillfully out of the way, same as Lloyd. He summons a ball of light green energy to his hands and throws it at the approaching Nindroids, exploding them. More Nindroids come from the opposite direction and I do spinjitzu to defeat them.

A rumbling sound roars like a lion behind us. I don't glance back, I just run. A large circular boulder chases Lloyd and I down the hall. I pass by a rope and leave it for Lloyd to pick up. He does and ties it around his waist as we go. I jump down the hole and Lloyd follows me. He grabs onto my ankles and the rope tied to his waist saves us from the nasty fall.

Three feet infront of me is what we came for: the Golden armor. I swing my body and we sway back and forth, closer and closer to reaching it. But then the hologram disappears and the simulation ends.

"You two got closer than I thought you would," says Cyrus Borg, helping us down. "But then again, I didn't think you'd be so rough on my security droids."

"If we cant steal the Golden Armor, I'd be surprised if anyone else could," Lloyd says.

"It's secure, but where is the real one?" I ask.

"Some secrets are best kept safe," Borg replies.

"Lloyd, where are the other Ninja?" Uncle asks. "I asked for all of you to take part in this test."

Lloyd glances at me uncomfortably. "Uh, they, uh, they really wanted to be here, but they, uh . . . all had other plan."

That is a big fat lie. We haven't spoken to any of the others in six months. Nya has had some contact, but they refuse to meet as a team again. It hurts me to think about, especially with the way Kai left. Lloyd knows this so we don't often talk about it.

"I understand perfectly well," Borg says. "The loss of Zane has affected all of us. I haven't heard a word from my assistant Pixal since his memorial. It's heartbreaking."