Chapter 54 - The Hands of Time

.

"Is.... this a date?",

"Is what we're doing can be called... dating?",

Irene finally took the chance to ask this to him. After James asked her to go out on a dinner with him, which had been followed by a number of dinner nights. Irene has been questioning every thing that they're doing since then. With the addition of the dating rumours prior to that, things have been wonderful and frustrating at the same time for her. Irene really didn't bother about the rumours, perhaps she wants it to be true. Her feelings for James is only growing stronger as the time goes by, and it is also getting hard to contain. For about a month after James' dinner invitation.., Irene has been battling herself whether or not she would ask if what they're doing counts as a date. And with a little push coming from Sojiro's teasing..., Irene finally decided that she would take this chance to find out if the feelings are mutual, to find out if the only guy that she ever loved..., loves her back.

"M-Maybe..",

It doesn't really answers her question but for her, it is enough. Enough for her to feel secured. For Irene, that 'Maybe' only translates that James is feeling the same thing. After finding out and confirming that James really does have feelings for her, Irene's immense happiness cannot be measured. But then it so hard to contain that she can't help herself from smiling brightly as she holds his hand tightly, as if she never ever gonna let it go.

.

.

.

.

The month of September just ended and now people are welcoming the month of October, while people are getting ready for the holiday, Chuseok. Families are reuniting to celebrate this holiday for a couple of days.

The month of September has been quite a ride for James. He successfully finished all of his international stand up tours. All the show in four countries has been a great success, more than what they expected. It is also a chance for James to reunite with his other foreign friends even for just a short-time. In U.K., he made sure to have a reunion dinner with the soon-to-be Mr. and Mrs. Cooper. Frank and his fiancé, Amelia, they made sure that they have dinner to a very nice restaurant in London. They also took this time to inform James about the major changes in their wedding. In U.S.A, James had a rather unexpected reunion. Larry and other stand up comedians from their batch who are also close friends to James, shows up to surprise and support him in the show. It's been more than a year since James saw most of his stand up comedians friends so he make sure to catch up to each one of them. Unfortunately their time is limited as James is only staying in U.S. for 2 days and he needed to go back to South Korea for his other works.

That tour proves that his unexpected career in being a stand up comedian is only growing stronger as his fanbase and popularity only increases. And because of that, his popularity in South Korea is affected, as more and more Koreans are starting to adore him. Other than his tv and radio show, it is undeniable that other stuff has affected his popularity. His involvement to a lot of the top names in the industry is also one of reasons. Not to mention the dating rumours he got involved in.

Some of the other things that happened in the month of September is that James also get to say goodbye, again, to one of the closest people in his life. After more than a month of staying in Seoul, Sojiro finally went back to Japan. It is hard to say goodbye again because they both have different lives, but then their bonds is way stronger than the distance between them. During Sojiro's stay, James realizes that maybe it is time to face the past as he promised Sojiro to visit him and the others in Japan, soon.

Lastly, September is also a month of realization for James. Things between him and Irene are just getting more clearer to him. Each day since it happens, James has been playing it in his head that moment where Irene asks if what they are doing can be called dating, and the moment after that. Even half way around the world, there's only one person he always think of. That specific moment sort of confirming his own... thing. James is now reflecting every thing since the first hug he received from Irene after being away from her the first time. And with Akako's arrival in Seoul, it just make things clearer for James.